• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Situational awareness ( or "How paying attention saved my butt")

FMCDH

Tell her she did great!

I read the story to my wife and asked her what she would have done in the same situation, and what if the car had been disabled so she couldn't run like your wife did.

That made her think. :D

golddigger14s

Activist Member
If she doesn't "carry" this could be a good opportunity for her to rethink her position.

I read this thread to my wife this morning, she has been getting more and more comfortable with the idea of carrying herself...maybe sooner than later, a trip to the range may be in order.[/QUOTE]

At Cabelas they have a program called "Women on Target". Classroom in the am, and range time in the pm. She can bring her own gun or use a loaner .22. The main instructor Emily Larson is awsome. If your wife has never shot a gun, then I think the .22 would be best. Then let her work up to a calbier she is comfortable. Like my son started off with a .22 rifle, he is now blasting clays with a 12 GA.

And two thumbs up for Lori!

Last edited: