• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taco Bell in Stevens Point

Horseman

(The one near Fleet Farm.) I was going to stop in for a snack this afternoon, and then I saw the posting sign, so I went through the drive-thru instead. After I paid for my food, I told the cashier, "I noticed that you posted the no concealed weapon sign. Did you know that the guys who are robbing convenience stores and fast food places look specifically for those signs, so that they know which places are not protected and are therefore easy targets? I usually stop in here for food, but I think I'll go next door from now on since they don't have the signs up that advertise 'come rob me'."

The look on her face told me that she had never considered this possibility, and it worried her. I hope she will talk to the manager. I will check back later.

qball54208

Well that's a shame! I TT the GM for our local TB's here in Green Bay he stated that they have no internist in posting, we had a nice long chat about immunity and the like.
Of the businesses posted here, I have little or no interist supporting, however there are a few that I have TT, w/pretty good success!

nevinsb

Does anyone know who owns them? I thought it was WI Hospitality, but I guess I was wrong.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Good job, thanks for the effort.

(The one near Fleet Farm.) I was going to stop in for a snack this afternoon, and then I saw the posting sign, so I went through the drive-thru instead. After I paid for my food, I told the cashier, "I noticed that you posted the no concealed weapon sign. Did you know that the guys who are robbing convenience stores and fast food places look specifically for those signs, so that they know which places are not protected and are therefore easy targets? I usually stop in here for food, but I think I'll go next door from now on since they don't have the signs up that advertise 'come rob me'."

The look on her face told me that she had never considered this possibility, and it worried her. I hope she will talk to the manager. I will check back later.

I am glad you took the trouble to contact them. I believe that they will eventually get the message.

Horseman

I went by there today. Still posted.

So I went next door to Dairy Queen, bought a burger, and asked to talk to the manager. I thanked her for not posting, and explained that I had never eaten there before but that I would from now on since their competitor next door had posted against concealed carry. She smiled and said welcome.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
I went by there today. Still posted.

So I went next door to Dairy Queen, bought a burger, and asked to talk to the manager. I thanked her for not posting, and explained that I had never eaten there before but that I would from now on since their competitor next door had posted against concealed carry. She smiled and said welcome.

Send a letter to Tonn's Inc. with that info. I don't think they have an email address. If you still have the Dairy Queen receipt, enclose it.

Optimus Prime

I probably would have never noticed, I tend to roll through the drive-through (and not too often on that side of town, unless I'm starving and leaving Fleet...)

I'll have to check the one near campus, I'd imagine they posted as well, and that would kind of suck since they're open late and I get thrown on overnight shifts all the time (work on campus.)

The girl and I have been trying to cut down on eating out, so I haven't noticed if a lot of food places are posted or not yet.