Thread: Home Invasion against "visibly" LEO home seeking weapons: July 4th Weekend

Activist Member

Home Invasion against "visibly" LEO home seeking weapons: July 4th Weekend

My father had been involved with multiple DUI checkpoints that weekend. Because of this, he had driven a patrol car in the area to and from work more than usual (we live in a rural area about 30minutes from a large city). There was a construction project that had just begun days prior down the street (this was extremely out of the ordinary due to over 75% of the neighboring properties being foreclosed) and there were dozens of workers driving down our street throughout the weekend. On Monday morning between 7-9:30am, with a LE marked vehicle parked in the driveway, two or more individuals invaded our home. There is zero doubt in my mind that they possessed respectable firepower.

The front door was kicked inward in what appears to be a single kick from a size 12.5 boot. The door knob lodged into the drywall. The suspects then severely assaulted our black lab with what appears to be large dense candlestick holder blunt trauma to her face , as several of them were thrown from the front door to the back window, shattering the glass. These individuals then stole twos flat screen tvs, multiple laptops, iPod, digital camera, ~$500 cash, priceless family pearls, coach purse, 550 rounds of .22 short, an unknown amount of .380, 2 LOADED DUTY GLOCK .45 GAP MAGAZINES (whichever model is the full size), LEO PEPPER SPRAY, LEO HANDCUFFS (+ keys), and a few other LEO pieces of clothing. Luckily his duty sidearm was locked in a bolted dresser safe box that they never discovered, but our closet vault with long guns and antique revolvers was smashed to oblivion. They weren't able to get into that safe though, thank God. A local LEO of a different agency visited our house coincidentally that morning to serve a subpoena regarding an non-relating DUI traffic stop when he saw that the door was breached and ajar. As backup eventually swarmed the house,they found our home empty. Luckily no of us were home. Although this may not seem like it belongs in this section, it is a great example of a central theme in common day criminals: They're not worried about getting their hands dirty.

Ladies and gentlemen, these men brought up arms against law enforcement with the primary intend to steal more firearms. The amount of audacity required to kick the front door down of a state trooper whose patrol car is in the drive way is beyond me. If anything, I hope this heightens awareness on the fact that THE POLICE CAN NOT HELP YOU IN A FIGHT OR FLIGHT ENCOUNTER.

Stay smart, safe, and composed. On a lighter note, this incident pushed my father to such mental extremes that later that week he ended up running around the side of the house brandishing on our front lawn (front door was still boarded) against a little old census worker haha. I guess all we can do is be aware.

Oh, and they forgot to steal the Wii. I guess there really 'aint no rest for the wicked' after all is there?

Jake8x7

Quote Originally Posted by Jake8x7 View Post
    My father had been involved with multiple DUI checkpoints that weekend...[snip]

Oh, and they forgot to steal the Wii. I guess there really 'aint no rest for the wicked' after all is there?

Jake8x7
    All of this is the point many of us have made for a long time. Very sorry to hear this happened to you and your father.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

Activist Member
    Don't consider it a sob story, but rather a good learning tool. Become self reliant.

Jake8x7

Jake8x7,

Welcome to OCDO. Thanks for detailing the amount of damage and destruction that can be inflicted in a short period of time, as well as for reminding folks that there are ways to stop thieves who are working with a short time schedule.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

That was a targeted attack. From the amount of time that it took to break in and clean out that equipment, and to know that it was vacant except for the dog. They knew he wasn't home. In a largely vacant neighborhood, it's easy to keep watch. Easy in and out. The fact that they didn't shoot the dog tells you they were there for a smash & grab anything of value. The LEO gear just makes trophies.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Certainly scary to come home to as well as infuriating. Yes, I've had my residence burglarized before and know that horrible feeling.

Besides the lessons mentioned above, this is also a good reminder that a typical residential construction, even with a deadbolt, really isn't difficult to break into with a bit of force.

Very sorry to hear bout this. How is your dog? Glad no one else was home!
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler