• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So long Eric, We Hardly Knew Ye......

1245A Defender

for Eric,

Here is a donation button. Goes to my paypal business account. You can use credit card if you wish (just click use credit card to the left of the login box) or log in and send directly from paypal. This is going to show that you are sending to MadHatterKnots, this is my small online business. Any questions, PM me.

donation sent
just so you can tell,,,, the defender is... robert p. loXXX

I miss you Eric...

SpyderTattoo

Still waiting to hear the circumstances behind his death.

I remember meeting him once at a hasty meet in Kent at the Burger King down in the valley. That was a couple years ago.

OrangeIsTrouble

Diabetes.

Never wanted to burden anybody or tell people his problems and was too stubborn to go to the docs. He didn't know he had diabetes.

SpyderTattoo

That is too bad. I can relate, diabetes runs in my family too. My grandmother had it. I'm trying to be careful to watch for that.

I remember Erik as being a quiet, gentile kind of person. Not loud and outspoken.
Prayers for his family...

MadHatter66

To anyone that has sent money to me... Thanks. GreenIsFaster is working on getting a nice wreath designed right now from OCDO, I am forwarding the funds on to him. He is taking care of the arraignments right now and knew Eric well. If you want you can continue to send them to me and I can forward them, not a big deal. If not you can send directly to poosharker@hotmail.com if you have a paypal account. If not you can use a credit/debit and I will forward it.

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
To anyone that has sent money to me... Thanks. GreenIsFaster is working on getting a nice wreath designed right now from OCDO, I am forwarding the funds on to him. He is taking care of the arraignments right now and knew Eric well. If you want you can continue to send them to me and I can forward them, not a big deal. If not you can send directly to poosharker@hotmail.com if you have a paypal account. If not you can use a credit/debit and I will forward it.

Madhatter,
You are a gentleman for going to the effort to make it easy for us to donate and help facilitate this.
Thanks.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Eric, you were a kind and true gentleman and will be missed greatly.

Unfortunately I will not be able to be at the memorial tomorrow, I need to get Deros somewhere tomorrow and keep an eye on him.

MadHatter66

Madhatter,
You are a gentleman for going to the effort to make it easy for us to donate and help facilitate this.
Thanks.

No problem at all. Just trying to help out where I know help will be needed. I have been in touch with GreenIsFaster and know that the money donated will result in an awesome display worthy of Eric. Thank you to everyone who donated, it has truly meant a lot to the people that knew him well.

OrangeIsTrouble

DSC03887.jpg

DSC03898.jpg

DSC03896.jpg

DSC03912.jpg

DSC03910.jpg

Thanks guys for all the donations. Went out and made damn sure we did it big for Eric because like everyone at the service knew, he was a giver and the most unselfish guy I ever knew.

Paddy came out with Goose and his son, and Defender showed up. Goose talked and revealed to us the story behind the nickname "Snappy". Defender wanted to reveal to everyone that Eric was a crime fighter and told the story of the post I bumped a few days ago.

Thank you guys for coming out, Eric's mother and brother were very thankful for the show of support and they LOVED the display. I wanted for them to be able to take the display back for his military service in Texas, but that is not possible so we are thinking of who could use it. I told her it was all for Eric and that it was no waste and it did it's purpose. Probably going to bring it to a Veterans Hospital or something of the like. If you have an idea, let me know!

tombrewster421

Looks like it went well. Sorry I was unable to make it, but I was doing some outreach to some homeless people in Tacoma this morning and we didn't finish in time to be there.

Please pass my regards on to his family. I'm sorry I didn't get to know him better. I remember seeing him at the willow lake meet this year.

OrangeIsTrouble

Looks like it went well. Sorry I was unable to make it, but I was doing some outreach to some homeless people in Tacoma this morning and we didn't finish in time to be there.

Please pass my regards on to his family. I'm sorry I didn't get to know him better. I remember seeing him at the willow lake meet this year.

i'm sure he wouldnt have minded you doing what you were doing. He starred on tv for ya in spanaway! His family is aware of this thread and will see your wishes amd farewells.

skiingislife725

That display turned out awesome Kim! As I said before in the PM (and someone said earlier in this post)....we lost a good one and we lost him way too soon. He will definitely be missed.

RIP Eric, I'm honored to have met you.

amzbrady

DSC03887.jpg

DSC03898.jpg

DSC03896.jpg

DSC03912.jpg

DSC03910.jpg

Thanks guys for all the donations. Went out and made damn sure we did it big for Eric because like everyone at the service knew, he was a giver and the most unselfish guy I ever knew.

Paddy came out with Goose and his son, and Defender showed up. Goose talked and revealed to us the story behind the nickname "Snappy". Defender wanted to reveal to everyone that Eric was a crime fighter and told the story of the post I bumped a few days ago.

Thank you guys for coming out, Eric's mother and brother were very thankful for the show of support and they LOVED the display. I wanted for them to be able to take the display back for his military service in Texas, but that is not possible so we are thinking of who could use it. I told her it was all for Eric and that it was no waste and it did it's purpose. Probably going to bring it to a Veterans Hospital or something of the like. If you have an idea, let me know!

Can it be sent to Fort Lewis for those coming home?

Justman1020

Should be alot of troops coming home. The war is over. All the troops are supposed to come home, (except for the ones that just got deployed this week).

the war isn't over unfortunately, iraq is, afganistan isn't

as far as the display goes, what about for those soldiers that were just killed in the helicopter crash here at lewis?