• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dont shop at Sharp Mart in Louisville, Ky

Johnburns15

Buds gunshop in Lexington and sportsman warehouse in Lexington both have the same policy "no loaded firearms" the sign at sportsmans warehouse reads "any weapon no in a case must be checked by am employee" or it used to anyway.

neuroblades

Buds gunshop in Lexington and sportsman warehouse in Lexington both have the same policy "no loaded firearms" the sign at sportsmans warehouse reads "any weapon no in a case must be checked by am employee" or it used to anyway.

Thanks for the heads-up about Bud's, John. I'll make sure to CC when I go or if I'm in a 2nd Amendment educational mindset that day, I'll just OC and see what they say or do. I am in the market soon for a new weapon and had pondered trying to deal with them but if that's their mindset then I can just as easily go to my usual gun store. Money has a serious way of changing things. *LOL*

autoxr84

Sportsman's is Good!!!

Sportman's Wearhouse is cool to OC in. I do it all the time. The only reason they have that sign is if you are checking in a firearm, etc. for work or testing out holsters for fitment etc. If its holstered and is not going to be brought out of the holster then there is no need to check in from what I have been told. I have actually talked to a guy at check out and told him to stop on by this site. I have never had a problem there. If anyone else has let me know.

Johnburns15

I've OCed into buds once and no one said anything to me. Same with sportsman warehouse, I've oced there multiple times, but the last time I was there browsing through firearms, a guy walked uo to the counter with a glock and the salesman asked to see the "red tag" on his firearm to make sure he'd stopped at the front desk on the way in, he then noticed I was carrying and walked away, I waited 15 minutes before a salesman finally approached me asking if id like to see any of the firearms

feralghoul

If you want a great gun shop in the jefferson/shelby co. part of ky check out Gilberts Guns. They are a great bunch of guys in that place and you will never feel harassed or pressured in any way. And they are more than willing to just talk about guns with you.

bond150

I've also open carried in Sportsmans Warehouse. Talked to the guy at the gun counter while doing so.

neuroblades

What a great feeling to spend part of the morning in a large gun shop that has a firing range! :) Yeah, I stopped in Bud's yesterday morning as soon as I got into Lexington for Christmas. There were a few places that I wanted to visit before having to go to the relatives house and having to contend with the usual holiday fare. I did see that nasty sign on the front door to Bud's, you can't miss it! *LOL* being prepared for this event, I was CC'ing when I got there and I didn't have any problems what so ever.

Bud's has a great selection of weapons and accessories as well. Some prices are a bit over the top but for the most part, their prices are pretty good. I have to admit that I was really surprised at how many weapons they really had on hand. This is due to the fact that it seems like every weapon I've looked for on their site is tagged as not in shop and has to be ordered. This was the reason I didn't purchase my tactical rifle from them even though they did beat everyone else's price by $100.

But all in all, it was a great morning and I found a few things I had wanted.