• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OHIOANS! I need the ball rolling

Malcolm

I left Ohio for Arizona and besides the economic complaints, I don't have any environmental or social complaints at all. Especially for OC/CC. Couldn't ask to live in a better state. Anyway, my wife proposed the idea of moving back to Ohio. most likely Lake, Geauga or Cuyahuaga (forgive the spelling). With that being stated, I would love if by the time I got there, all OC and CC issues were resolved and for the entire state population to have a change of culture more geared towards the constitution and personal respect and responsibility. Thanks.:D

Anyway. The above is a piece of sarcasm. If I do return, It will be a difficult change, but I'm sure I'll manage. I do thank anyone who is a member of the NRA and OFCC (Ohioans for concealed carry). Anyway, gotta go, my kid's throwing herself a pity party and is trying to invite me.

RT48

Let's see, would that be the same two groups that sued the City of Clyde and got Ohio's concealed carry laws declared a general law of the state and also filed an amicus brief in City of Cleveland vs State of Ohio?

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Let's see, would that be the same two groups that sued the City of Clyde and got Ohio's concealed carry laws declared a general law of the state and also filed an amicus brief in City of Cleveland vs State of Ohio?
Apparently you don't read between the lines. Both those groups will do whatever it takes to promote whatever issue that ensures their continued existence. When have you ever heard either group promote open carry and/or constitutional carry. You have not and you will never see that happen. They don't care about you, they care about their existence, period.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I care about my continued existence, too. I guess that makes me evil. If either of these groups ceases to exist they can't help anyone. They are not obligated to do anything. They get to decide how to expend their funds and efforts.

And so do I..... It does not make you or me evil. I have made it clear that my duty is to myself and my family first as it should be for yourself and family. But, these two organizations say one thing then do another. This is why they don't get any of my money. You say "If either of these groups ceases to exist they can't help anyone." Neither one has ever helped me. Go read your history, the NRA was totally against the Heller law suit. Then when Heller won they, the NRA, tried to take the credit. That comes across to me as a little bit slimy.

pirateguy191

Apparently you don't read between the lines. Both those groups will do whatever it takes to promote whatever issue that ensures their continued existence. When have you ever heard either group promote open carry and/or constitutional carry. You have not and you will never see that happen. They don't care about you, they care about their existence, period.

You read between the lines and realize that OFCC organized an OPEN CARRY picnic in Cleveland Heights this past summer.
You read between the lines and realize that OFCC organized an OPEN CARRY event in Campbell, Ohio spring of 2010.
You read between the lines and realize that OFCC organized an event at the Statehouse in Columbus where I would say approx. 300 people attended and I would say that the vast majority of them were OC'ing handguns, rifles and shotguns.

I was there, were you? Would you like to see the pictures?

Last edited: