• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mitch McConnell

CharleyCherokee

I'm fed up with him. He voted to renew the Patriot Act and voted for the NDAA. I wrote him when the Patriot Act was coming up for renewal and urged him vote against renewing it. He did take the time to reply to me by mail. To sum up his reply he basically said we need the patriot act to defend ourselves from terrorists. He didn't respond to my claims that the patriot act has done very little against the terrorists, but has worked wonders in circumventing the BoR in the war on drugs.

CharleyCherokee

If I didn't know better I'd run against his sorry ass myself. Lack of money and lack of name recognition mostly stop me. It doesn't help that I'm not quite old enough to run yet, either. :D

Last edited:

UnfetteredMight

McConnell often disappoints me, but I'm always afraid the alternative would be worse. We could end up with John Yarmuth. Who would you like to see replace McConnell?

I wish we could clone Rand.

Who would you pick? I hate Mitch and would love to see him replaced with someone better.

langzaiguy

I can't stand him either, fellas. I remember when Congress was still debating about the first round of bailouts. He voted against them right before his election. After he got re-elected, he went ahead and voted for them. Same with Ben Chandler, I believe. In the case of Mitch, this is why I would advocate that we need to register Republican and vote against him in his primary. You have roughly two weeks to change your party affiliation!

Manzanita

I wish we could clone Rand.

Who would you pick? I hate Mitch and would love to see him replaced with someone better.

Maybe Bill Johnson? He's run for just about everything else.

I, too, would love to see someone replace McConnell. IIRC, he always seems to be unopposed in the primaries and his opponent in the general election is even worse.

Edited to add: Rand Paul is one of the only people I can say I'm proud to have supported. I wish we had more like him.

Last edited: