Thread: Places that serve alcohol?

Places that serve alcohol?

So I've found nothing in state law or Colorado Spring/Fountain law that sais anything about OCing in places that serve for consumption on site, but I am not sure. I thought someone had mentioned that it was a no go but I cannot remember. Obviously I'm not going to carry into a bar or anything but what about like chipotle or wingstop or red lobster or whatever, assuming I'm not drinking and carrying at the same time? Also I'm new to the forum and excited for it!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    CRS 29-11.7-103. Regulation - type of firearm - prohibited.
    A local government may not enact an ordinance, regulation, or other law that prohibits the sale, purchase, or possession of a firearm that a person may lawfully sell, purchase, or possess under state or federal law. Any such ordinance, regulation, or other law enacted by a local government prior to March 18, 2003, is void and unenforceable.

Colorado does not prohibit carry in bars and restaurants that serve alcohol.

http://www.rmgo.org/gun-law-faqs/alc...s-prohibitions
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Alot of our Open Carry dinners are in places that serve alkie hall...It's just not smart, and in bad form to consume it and have your gun on your hip.
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
    Alot of our Open Carry dinners are in places that serve alkie hall...It's just not smart, and in bad form to consume it and have your gun on your hip.
    Its also illegal to be under the influence of alcohol and in possession of a gun.

Curious as to why you wouldn't carry into a bar? It is legal to do so. As already mentioned carrying while under the influence is illegal. The problem is that what constitutes being under the influence isn't defined. So even one beer or glass of wine while carrying is taking a chance.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    http://www.ColoradoGunOwners.com

A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Colorado Firearm law.
    http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/colorado/
    Lexis Nexis: Colorado law pertaining to firearms.
    Title 18, Article 12

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Curious as to why you wouldn't carry into a bar? It is legal to do so. As already mentioned carrying while under the influence is illegal. The problem is that what constitutes being under the influence isn't defined. So even one beer or glass of wine while carrying is taking a chance.
    Posession while intoxicated: No, the level of intoxication is not defined. But 0.08 (the same level as DUI) is what is commonly applied.

Either way, a fully stocked bar at home is a lot cheaper.

Cool, very helpful. Thanks for your info guys.
    Oh, and its because if I'm in a bar, I'm Probably drinking...

My new residence is, very thankfully, issue-free with respect to problematic neighbours.

In my old place, however, I had to call the cops on unruly neighbours no less than four times in the six months before I moved. On two such occasions, I had consumed alcohol, so when the LEO's arrived, I secured my firearm in my gun safe before opening the door.

They didn't ask if I had a firearm, but I simply didn't want the hassle that might ensue if they did, particularly if I had been carrying. Had they asked, "Do you have a firearm in your possession?" my response would simply have been, "No, it's locked in the safe."

This evening I had dinner with a friend who was drinking a beer. He offered me one and I said, "No thank you. That wouldn't be a good idea while I'm carrying."
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.