• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hospital Open Carry!

mem1977

I had to take my mother into our local hospital in my town of Martin in Floyd County today. As usual there was a sign that stated "NO CONCEALED FIREARMS". So, I went in open carrying with my mom. I went all through the E.R. and through out the facility. I had one nurse give me a weird look. Other than that I had no problems at all with any of the staff. It was the first time I openly carried into a hospital and I was surprised that the police wasn't called on me. It was a great day today.

:banana::monkey

Curtis C

cool, i know the st joe east in lex does not have a sign up. at least not on the new womens care facility.

DrakeZ07

St. Joe in Mt. Sterling is OC friendly~ My mother is a RN at OB and Med Surge, so I know most of the nurses there (They really love it when I randomly pop in with a few pizza's for them :D), and always OC if and when I have to go there; Never had a problem from the staff or doctors, ain't no security there which sucks for the staff and the CNA's who have to deal with rowdy patients. I only noticed the usual "No Concealed Weapons" sign at the ER entrance.

neuroblades

HRMC - Floyd Co.

This has not been verified as of yet but it would seem that they're strictly opposed to OC & CC! It's been quite awhile since I was in there to check on a patient so I can't remember if they had any signs posted or not. My observation is based upon conversations with a couple of guys I know that work there that work security. They had mentioned that if they were to happen upon someone carrying that they work draw on them. Granted these are young guys who feel that they're 10 foot tall and bulletproof! *LOL*

So, if you head to HRMC, just be careful!

mem1977

This has not been verified as of yet but it would seem that they're strictly opposed to OC & CC! It's been quite awhile since I was in there to check on a patient so I can't remember if they had any signs posted or not. My observation is based upon conversations with a couple of guys I know that work there that work security. They had mentioned that if they were to happen upon someone carrying that they work draw on them. Granted these are young guys who feel that they're 10 foot tall and bulletproof! *LOL*

So, if you head to HRMC, just be careful!

I go to HRMC 2 to 3 times a week to work out in the gym. I've seen the hospital security (rent a cops), but they're never wearing guns. I haven't carried in that hospital yet, but I plan to try soon. They do have signs on all doors that say No concealed firearms allowed. So, I want to see what they would do if I open carried inside the hospital. Under the state law its legal to carry inside hospitals. They can ask you to leave. If you refuse then you can be charged with criminal trespass. I'll let you all know what happens when I try to open carry there.

:cool:

neuroblades

I go to HRMC 2 to 3 times a week to work out in the gym. I've seen the hospital security (rent a cops), but they're never wearing guns. I haven't carried in that hospital yet, but I plan to try soon. They do have signs on all doors that say No concealed firearms allowed. So, I want to see what they would do if I open carried inside the hospital. Under the state law its legal to carry inside hospitals. They can ask you to leave. If you refuse then you can be charged with criminal trespass. I'll let you all know what happens when I try to open carry there.

:cool:

Just be aware that some members of their security DO have weapons though they might not be armed "on duty". One of my former friends works security there and he has mentioned in passing that their boss, whomever that might be, has told them that they can have a gun in the security office but not carry it. Last time I checked that warning never stopped a fool-hardy contracted security guy from actually CC'ing.

Let us know how it goes.

Curtis C

i seen a no weapons sign on the door going into where you get x-rays and blood drawn and what not. thats some what understandable. good chance of messing up x-ray machines i would assume

neuroblades

i seen a no weapons sign on the door going into where you get x-rays and blood drawn and what not. thats some what understandable. good chance of messing up x-ray machines i would assume

Like this? *LMBO*

Attachments

• x-ray-of-man-concealing-weapon.jpg
    x-ray-of-man-concealing-weapon.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 297

Baked on Grease

Must be a polymer pistol, you can count the rounds in the magazine.

Should make a side by side. One the cilor regular photo, the next the xray, showing as many weapons as one can reasonably and comfortably carry. :p

Sent using tapatalk