• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

greetings from gods country ivor va

1000ydshooter

Formerly Kwajalein atoll, and Iraq. Now Zuni Va
Welcome to the board. Im from out in your neck of the woods (Zuni). Born and raised here.Its good to see more folks from out here getting involved in OCDO. Chances are good you might run into me at firearms sales, I help(hangout) there quite a bit. tall guy shaved head beard (for now).

Old Virginia Joe

That's right joe I too was realeased from traffic hell no one too tell you how they think you should live out here. Its wonderful. Plus I buy all my guns local I support our ivor gun shops. Firearms sales. Wayne zimmermans. The fishin hole. Nice to meet ya been here in ivor for 10 years now lovin it

NOW HOLD ON THERE, my 2A friend! Don't get too exagerative on your idea that they don't tell you how to live out here. We have our city Nazi's out here in the country guvment who are all too happy to do just that. I am in a fight with IOW Co right now, as they wrote me a citation for using a camper on my 86 acre farm to spend the night a few nights a year, when hunting season is in. They would have taken me to court if I refused to back down, so I did, for now. I plan to fight this. (Where is "User" when you need him?) They also wrote me up because the camper trailer did not have a stinkin inspection or current DMV tag on the license plate. The vehicle is not on the road, mind you. Isn't this stupid? I have three litle boys/sons here, and we cannot spend the night in our camper sometimes, ON A FARM!!! On an unpaved STATE gravel road, zoned agricultural use, with crops and pine forest all over the place! I say this is assinine, and I hope to find others around here to stand with me and undo this ordinance.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
NOW HOLD ON THERE, my 2A friend! Don't get too exagerative on your idea that they don't tell you how to live out here. We have our city Nazi's out here in the country guvment who are all too happy to do just that. I am in a fight with IOW Co right now, as they wrote me a citation for using a camper on my 86 acre farm to spend the night a few nights a year, when hunting season is in. They would have taken me to court if I refused to back down, so I did, for now. I plan to fight this. (Where is "User" when you need him?) They also wrote me up because the camper trailer did not have a stinkin inspection or current DMV tag on the license plate. The vehicle is not on the road, mind you. Isn't this stupid? I have three litle boys/sons here, and we cannot spend the night in our camper sometimes, ON A FARM!!! On an unpaved STATE gravel road, zoned agricultural use, with crops and pine forest all over the place! I say this is assinine, and I hope to find others around here to stand with me and undo this ordinance.

Geese.....Makes me glad I have a bigger farm and smaller Government!:eek:

southpawgunslinger

I agree very assinine. Its on ur property I'm in southampton county been lucky so far. The nazis harrassing u is what I hoped to get away from. What happened to ur property rights? Ur land ur trailer any way to squez money out of u for the tax rolls. Pathetic let me know what happens

Old Virginia Joe

Geese.....Makes me glad I have a bigger farm and smaller Government!:eek:

Around here, they don't care HOW much land you have--they will **** with you regardless. AND, I forgot to tell you, the little inspector that writes the citation just comes rolling up your path, unannounced, while I am at work, right on past the POSTED signs, with a badge on a chain around his neck, like he owns the place. Walzes all around checking out whatever he feels like. And the county attorney says he has a right to do this, which I consider a non-emergency intrusion on my privacy. Even the sheriff said he cannot help me on the trespass issue. I say he should have to attempt to contact me before invading my sanctuary. I have asked Farm Bureau Virginia for assistance, but no response, at all!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Around here, they don't care HOW much land you have--they will **** with you regardless. AND, I forgot to tell you, the little inspector that writes the citation just comes rolling up your path, unannounced, while I am at work, right on past the POSTED signs, with a badge on a chain around his neck, like he owns the place. Walzes all around checking out whatever he feels like. And the county attorney says he has a right to do this, which I consider a non-emergency intrusion on my privacy. Even the sheriff said he cannot help me on the trespass issue. I say he should have to attempt to contact me before invading my sanctuary. I have asked Farm Bureau Virginia for assistance, but no response, at all!

We have one building inspector and he's a pretty good fellow. Never seen anyone else up there, mostly because you need an ATV to get to my house.
It's one of the few really good places left in this state.
Blame it all on the North messing with the General Assembly. The "we need a law" bunch.:mad:

Last edited:

southpawgunslinger

Wouldn't it be a shame to forget to post the warning signs of my bear traps on my property for the tresspassing inspector and revenuer. Dam I know I've got em somewhere just can't find em

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Wouldn't it be a shame to forget to post the warning signs of my bear traps on my property for the tresspassing inspector and revenuer. Dam I know I've got em somewhere just can't find em

oldvalogojpeg.jpg

Repeater

Hi I'm mike a.k.a. southpaw. Log truck driver and gun fanatic oh did I mention gun fanatic? Hehe. Lookin forward to discussing all things guns and oc related. Anyways just wanted to intraduce myself. Thanks guys and gals. Look forward to it

Are you really from Ivor? You are if you can answer this question:

1) How do you pronounce "Zuni"?

2) Added bonus: Do you support the "new-and improved" McDonnell-approved U.S. 460?

southpawgunslinger

Virginia diner I can take or leave have had good food. But also not so good never oc in there so don't know if there friend or foe. Love the cajun peanuts. The real speedtrap is waverly. They stop me anychance they get when I'm in my log truck. I think I've paid for the courthouse lol

Repeater

Virginia diner I can take or leave have had good food. But also not so good never oc in there so don't know if there friend or foe. Love the cajun peanuts. The real speedtrap is waverly. They stop me anychance they get when I'm in my log truck. I think I've paid for the courthouse lol

Waverly is exactly what I meant. The LEOs will sometimes wait for you where the speed limit suddenly goes down, then tail you hoping you'll drive 1 MPH above the limit. Not nice.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

+1...Went there once and got rubber oysters and PP service.:mad:

Lincoln7

Welcome to OCDO!

I have OC'd in the Virginia Diner many times with no issue. It was the gun shop Firearm Sales, LLC that treated me poorly and told me to leave (as described in the previously attached link). I will keep my eyes open for you as I pass through your area regularly. See you around.

PS: I liked your Zuni pronunciation description :)

southpawgunslinger

Lincoln I have too agree I have hada bad enuff experience to turn me off of that shop I've bought and sold prob 20 guns there. I bought a ria 1911 a2 hi cap brand new took home fired 3 rnds and it went fully auto called armscor no prob they were going to send fed ex free of charge replace gun. Well stupid me I took it to mentioned shop. I get. Don't worry ill take care of it so I let them do it. Two weeks go buy try to call shop to get tracking number iget they will call u when they get the gun kinda rude but oh well. Finally get gun back now I owe fire arms sales 30bucks for them sending it when armscor was gonna pick it up for free. I paid good money for that pistol fired 3 shots before malfunction and have too pay 30 bucks to the store to have fixed? I think I'm dun with them

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Lincoln I have too agree I have hada bad enuff experience to turn me off of that shop I've bought and sold prob 20 guns there. I bought a ria 1911 a2 hi cap brand new took home fired 3 rnds and it went fully auto called armscor no prob they were going to send fed ex free of charge replace gun. Well stupid me I took it to mentioned shop. I get. Don't worry ill take care of it so I let them do it. Two weeks go buy try to call shop to get tracking number iget they will call u when they get the gun kinda rude but oh well. Finally get gun back now I owe fire arms sales 30bucks for them sending it when armscor was gonna pick it up for free. I paid good money for that pistol fired 3 shots before malfunction and have too pay 30 bucks to the store to have fixed? I think I'm dun with them

If you do a search, there's a long and unpleasant thread involving their gunsmith.

Last edited: