• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

greetings from gods country ivor va

southpawgunslinger

Hi I'm mike a.k.a. southpaw. Log truck driver and gun fanatic oh did I mention gun fanatic? Hehe. Lookin forward to discussing all things guns and oc related. Anyways just wanted to intraduce myself. Thanks guys and gals. Look forward to it

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Hi I'm mike a.k.a. southpaw. Log truck driver and gun fanatic oh did I mention gun fanatic? Hehe. Lookin forward to discussing all things guns and oc related. Anyways just wanted to intraduce myself. Thanks guys and gals. Look forward to it

Welcome to the site Southpaw!
Ivor is part of the Old Virginia network so yeah, it's in Gods Country.
We have members there and do a lot of work for the Weather Service so we spend a fair amount of time around it.

We bought our Great Dane there which was nearly a disaster, but I can't hold the whole place to blame for one backyard breeder.

So...welcome from a little further south!

southpawgunslinger

Thanks for the welcome. Originaly from chesapeake. Indian river boy my brother steve still lives in greatbridge has a band called everafter. Teaches guitar in great bridge

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Thanks for the welcome. Originaly from chesapeake. Indian river boy my brother steve still lives in greatbridge has a band called everafter. Teaches guitar in great bridge

If he can pick a banjo, we might want him at Lobby Day at the General Assembly. :lol:..:lol:

southpawgunslinger

He can pick one like a funny lookin kid in overalls sittin on a backwoods porch in the deep swamp. Sqeal like a pig boy. Sorry too much deliverance thoughts. Lol

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
He can pick one like a funny lookin kid in overalls sittin on a backwoods porch in the deep swamp. Sqeal like a pig boy. Sorry too much deliverance thoughts. Lol

Deliverance is precisely what I had in mind.

A couple of years ago at Lobby Day, Senator Saslaw (when he saw all the Guns Saves Lives stickers & mass of humanity wearing them) was overheard to say, "Looks like the entire cast of Deliverance is here."

Might be fitting to serenade him from the courtyard or Bell Tower. :lol:

southpawgunslinger

Deliverance is exactly right we will deliver the message not to tread on our 2nd amendment rights. A whole lot of legislators need that message delivered

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Let's keep this in mind - it is only a month 'til Lobby Day.

Maybe a strolling troubadour in the courtyard as people enter the GA Building.

Some things to think about - got my wheels turning. :D

45acpForMe

Welcome, there are a few members out your way, 1000ydshooter, Lincoln7, OldVirginiaJoe (names from memory). :)

The forum is a great place to learn and share. Be sure to read up on the VA laws and know your rights.

Join VCDL, the number 1 gun rights organization in Virginia and try to make it to an open carry dinner if you can. It is always fun to talk guns to other gun fanatics.

Most peoples eyes glaze over after two minutes of gun talk. :-( Our dinners usually last about two hours and you would be surprised how fast they go by when talking guns. :)

45acpForMe

I enjoyed the banjo video!

It seems like the "country"-south-side may be approaching critical mass and be able to host a dinner locally sometime. :)

I missed the Surry House when I went to Skidmark's trial. Just something to think about.....

southpawgunslinger

Lotsa good food out here plus 3 gun shops within a few miles. Need to try to get a western tidewater dinner going. Just aa hop skip and jump west of suffolk on us 460. Lol

Old Virginia Joe

Yes, here I am in Ivor. Be aware that "Ivor" addresses include those in both Isle of Wight County AND Southampton Co., where the TOWN of Ivor is actually located.

Welcome! I, too, have GB roots, where all my other kin are still imprisoned in traffic. We really should have a southside confederation formed here, and split some grub together, or have a grill fired up at one of our houses. Just remember to leave any city ideas you might have back where you came from. We like the country the way it is, including a "do-it-yourself" philosophy, which tends to keep our taxes low. We don't complain about what the govment does not do here. Don't screw it up!

OVJ

southpawgunslinger

That's right joe I too was realeased from traffic hell no one too tell you how they think you should live out here. Its wonderful. Plus I buy all my guns local I support our ivor gun shops. Firearms sales. Wayne zimmermans. The fishin hole. Nice to meet ya

southpawgunslinger

That's right joe I too was realeased from traffic hell no one too tell you how they think you should live out here. Its wonderful. Plus I buy all my guns local I support our ivor gun shops. Firearms sales. Wayne zimmermans. The fishin hole. Nice to meet ya been here in ivor for 10 years now lovin it

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Lotsa good food out here plus 3 gun shops within a few miles. Need to try to get a western tidewater dinner going. Just aa hop skip and jump west of suffolk on us 460. Lol

Thought there was a thread not to long ago about one of those shops not being at all tolerant, let alone friendly, towards anybody coming in armed. Someone with more energy might want to actually do a search to bring it up again.

stay safe.

Ok, heck, I went and did it. It's here http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...les-Co-LLC-in-Ivor-VA&highlight=ivor+virginia

Bersides, I needed to come back and apologize for not welcoming our new member.

Last edited:

southpawgunslinger

I know mr harris has a no loaded guns sign don't know what the deal is with that as I've always oc when in his store not sure what the deal is. Anyways nice to meet ya skid

wylde007

Thanks for the welcome. Originlaly from chesapeake. Indian river boy my brother steve still lives in greatbridge has a band called everafter. Teaches guitar in great bridge
At Quality Music, if I am not mistaken. Steve is one of my good mates. Been friends with him and Stacie for MANY MOONS.

Welcome aboard!

Last edited: