• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to Opencarry.org

S

sbogo

Hello forums!

Just want to introduce myself and hope to fit in. I'm new to carrying scene (I conceal primarily) and am interested in devoting some more time to protecting our rights. I've got disturbed at the amount of neglect for our rights in America and have spent the last 13 years in the Army defending our Constitution. I am a California native who found a wife and new residency in this state and will be retiring (medically) soon from the Army. I hope to make some friends and gain some more knowledge on protecting one of our most valuable freedoms and defenses.

KBCraig

Welcome to the forum!

My oldest is a 19D (primary), and is currently with 3rd ACR as a 68W. I was with 11th ACR '86-89. I'm a redleg, but I have to say that the Cav world rocks!

I see you'll be moving to Shreveport or the area when you get out. My wife is from S'port, and we visit there about once a month. Maybe we'll meet up someday.

S

sbogo

Welcome to the forum!

My oldest is a 19D (primary), and is currently with 3rd ACR as a 68W. I was with 11th ACR '86-89. I'm a redleg, but I have to say that the Cav world rocks!

I see you'll be moving to Shreveport or the area when you get out. My wife is from S'port, and we visit there about once a month. Maybe we'll meet up someday.

Wow, I am a 19D and I also served with 11th ACR and I actually deployed to Iraq with them in 2005-2006. I was with 2/2 Scout Platoon. I'll admit that when I finally accepted the fact I was too hurt to continue in the Cav I was pretty down but I can look back proud. Going up this weekend for my wife's drill (Army Reserves) and to start looking for house.

HeroHog

Welcome to the group! If ya see my Nephew, Richard "Rick" Mercer, Airborne Ranger at Ft. Polk, say "HI" for me please!

KBCraig

Wow, I am a 19D and I also served with 11th ACR and I actually deployed to Iraq with them in 2005-2006.
When they redeployed to Ord in 2006, he spent three years there playing traffic cop in the desert, then went to medic school (and met his wife there).