• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Updates On The Recall Petitions For Walker And Galloway

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
Those who wish to recall Governor Walker are closer to reaching the required number of signatures:
http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/article/20111215/WDH0101/111215065/Updated-Walker-recall-petition-goal-nearly-met-507-000-signatures?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

There are also attempts to recall Senator Pam Galloway, the author/sponsor of what we now know as Act 35:
http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/article/20111215/WDH0101/111215119/Updated-Dems-say-they-10-000-signatures-Galloway-recall?odyssey=mod|defcon|text|FRONTPAGE

Successful recalls of either of these politicians will not not move us closer to constitutional carry and their replacements will likely be hoplophobes whose only distinction between that which is provided in the constitution and "flavor of the hour" on Twitter is their willingness to abandon the former in order to embrace the latter.

oliverclotheshoff

Even if the Republicans lose the governors office AND control of hte senate...the Dems cant do much with out control of the Assembly...the R's have control by a very wide margin.

thats a good point glock but with the gov franken pen it will be a b+tch trying to get anything past a D gov

Captain Nemo

In my opinion the special interest group (unions) have two chances to recall Walker and Galloway, slim and none. The performance record of both are too significant for the voters to ignore. Similar situation happened in my voting district with the attempted recall of Sen Harsdorf. Old what's her name that ran against her looked like a serious threat until the voters spoke and Sen Harsdorf shoved the recall petition up the opponents (nose?).

Outdoorsman1

If anybody starts talking to me about the recall I just tell them to be very carefull of what they ask for.... They just might get it... I am a regular caller on the 5:00 - 6:00 PM talk show on Kenosha AM Radio and have used the above on the air when discussing this issue.

I also agree that I think (in the end game) the recall will not be succesfull.

Also, I have read (here) that different people see different advertizments on this web page. I see a "Recall Scott Walker" add on the top of (this) and the Wisconsin Forum home page.... Whats up with that..??????

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

G00gle AdSense infests your computer with cookies and then recalls them to provide ads on subjects/products that you have interest in. The recall ad is likely due to you being in Wisconsin as revealed by your IP.

HandyHamlet

What browser do you use?

I have Adblock and all I see is the forum. No ads, no header, banners... nada.

:cool:

Also have it preset to wipe cookies every time the browser is closed.

Pam for president!

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Did you miss the recently deleted thread, "Are the ads above pay-per-click?" and the reason it was deleted? How about edit away any suggestion that you are blocking ads, apparently there is some current heightened concern.

Watch the number of active users versus the user names on the front page. One of the big differences is web spyder 'bots from like G00gle archiving forum content. On another forum that I frequent they show up as guests and there may be a hundred of them late at night with me the only registered user.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

Did you miss the recently deleted thread, "Are the ads above pay-per-click?" and the reason it was deleted? How about edit away any suggestion that you are blocking ads, apparently there is some current heightened concern.

Why yes I did miss that thread.

And I pimp this place every chance I get...