• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New member here

Roscoe.40swMP

Hello everyone,
My name is Roscoe and I am new here. I live in Poulsbo and have a wonderful family of 5 (including me) I am reading up on and getting educated about OCing in the state of WA. What provoked me to come here was I saw someone on a ferry ride and he was OCing. So it made me wonder what the laws were. Being that I am active duty stationed at bangor I was not alarmed becuase he was not doing anything out of the ordinary besides the obivous. I eventunally want to OC and have a CPL in the state of WA. So I have read many of the laws about OC and found a pamphlet here on this site about WA and OC. So I am very excited to move on to the next step and actually start doing it when I have all my ducks in a row. Thanks in advance for any of the questions I may come up with.

Roscoe

fire suppressor

Welcome to the world of open carry! We have been getting a lot of new members lately and I love it! I live in Poulsbo my self I frequent central market and Walmart often at night after I get off work. If you haven't got a chance to open carry yet don't worry it is a little intimidating at first but gets easier with time. Don't be shy we love answering questions glad to know I have another respectable neighbor in my area. If your new to open carry n kitsap county check out my thread called kitsap county open carry report. I up date it once and a while and it will show you your not alone in the county there are other people carrying in our area. Hope to see you around!

MadHatter66

Poulsbo! Awesome! :banana:

If you want someone to go with you for a OC trip, let me know. Sometimes its easier to OC the first few times with someone that is comfortable doing it. I OC everywhere in Kitsap and have never had a problem. If you have any questions feel free to post them, if you want PM me, can do coffee and I can bring you some materials that are good reading.

Welcome aboard. Great to have someone from my side of the water.

Roscoe.40swMP

Awesome! It is nice to see some people from my area, normally when I see boards that just have a state specific forum there is no one from my area. So as my questions arise I will post. I am looking forward to meeting as many people in the area as possible. So let the journey begin! O and thanks for all the welcomes!

Last edited:

Swordsmyth

Welcome aboard neighbor.

It looks like Poulsbo is gaining in its pistol packing populace.

That is a good sign.:D

Long days and pleasant nights everyone....

MadHatter66

I am not around Monday until ~1830-19ish...

Roscoe.40swMP, I will raise you one on the target on your avatar. :lol:

IMG00007-20100227-1633.jpg

fire suppressor

Just taking a poll I thought afternoon coffee or a snack up stairs at central market would be fun. Monday is my day off but I work nights so afternoon is the earliest I am available, unless anyone ells is wide awake at 4am