Thread: New Neighbors in FL -- Friend or Foe?

New Neighbors in FL -- Friend or Foe?

I don't understand, why would this possibly be considered a "foe?"
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    I don't understand, why would this possibly be considered a "foe?"

Maybe because of this position back in 1998>> http://www.ncc-1776.org/tle1998/libe42-19980727-01.html

"Ronald L. Stewart is unique among the nation's gun manufacturers. He favors a form of national gun control.
    Stewart, the chief executive officer of Colt's Manufacturing Co., advocates a comprehensive federal firearms law, including the creation of a federal gun permit. And he wants gun owners to be licensed, tested and subjected to mandatory safety training."

On a side note, I'm sure Colt is trying to get away from Connecticut's ever-increasing tax burden. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually abandoned CT altogether. Businesses are fleeing this state now more than ever thanks to Gov. Malloy.
    America, where freedom* reigns.

*Freedom subject to change depending on jurisdiction and availability. Some freedoms may not be available due to local political expedience or prevailing political correctness. Please check Federal, State, County, City, or any other special district for applicable laws governing the extents of freedoms prior to purchase.

-----------

“What you see is the fringe of the fringe showing up in Hartford today." - Danny Malloy a.k.a. "The Governor" 3/11/2013

Employing people in the USA! check.

Making sweet 1911's! check.

Making awesome AR's! check.

The original Peace Maker! check.

Sounds like a friend to me!

These guys at the top are business men, and will say whatever they think they should.
    Just because a Ford executive doesnt believe people should drive faster the 55 doesnt mean I dont wont buy a Boss 302!

Quote Originally Posted by tim12232 View Post
    Employing people in the USA! check.

Making sweet 1911's! check.

Making awesome AR's! check.

The original Peace Maker! check.

Sounds like a friend to me!

These guys at the top are business men, and will say whatever they think they should.
    Just because a Ford executive doesnt believe people should drive faster the 55 doesnt mean I dont wont buy a Boss 302!
    By the same token, if you think that a firearms builder gives a sh!t about the 2nd Amendment or will somehow support anything they feel might cost them a buck you would be seriously mistaken...If building a firearm begins to cost Colt, or, any of the others they will start building sewing machines and tell you to pound sand.