• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Neighbors in FL -- Friend or Foe?

Freiheit417

I don't understand, why would this possibly be considered a "foe?"

Maybe because of this position back in 1998>> http://www.ncc-1776.org/tle1998/libe42-19980727-01.html

"Ronald L. Stewart is unique among the nation's gun manufacturers. He favors a form of national gun control.
Stewart, the chief executive officer of Colt's Manufacturing Co., advocates a comprehensive federal firearms law, including the creation of a federal gun permit. And he wants gun owners to be licensed, tested and subjected to mandatory safety training."

On a side note, I'm sure Colt is trying to get away from Connecticut's ever-increasing tax burden. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually abandoned CT altogether. Businesses are fleeing this state now more than ever thanks to Gov. Malloy.

tim12232

Employing people in the USA! check.

Making sweet 1911's! check.

Making awesome AR's! check.

The original Peace Maker! check.

Sounds like a friend to me!

These guys at the top are business men, and will say whatever they think they should.
Just because a Ford executive doesnt believe people should drive faster the 55 doesnt mean I dont wont buy a Boss 302!

fla_native

Employing people in the USA! check.

Making sweet 1911's! check.

Making awesome AR's! check.

The original Peace Maker! check.

Sounds like a friend to me!

These guys at the top are business men, and will say whatever they think they should.
Just because a Ford executive doesnt believe people should drive faster the 55 doesnt mean I dont wont buy a Boss 302!

By the same token, if you think that a firearms builder gives a sh!t about the 2nd Amendment or will somehow support anything they feel might cost them a buck you would be seriously mistaken...If building a firearm begins to cost Colt, or, any of the others they will start building sewing machines and tell you to pound sand.