• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gfsz

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Hoo! Great letter. Read and learn all you editorialist wannabes.

Thanks, Nemo, for linking to a great letter. Now, if I can just figure how to tell the author and the letters editor. I do not yet have a Laconia Daily registration.

xenophon

"Every single one of them wrote back and said we don't know why you're worried about this," Pochowski said. "It's just not an issue. They couldn't give me a single horror story."
Nevertheless, Pochowski said his organization advises kindergartens that are excluded from the gun-free school zone law to put up signs to make sure they are protected."

If only those schools that had mass shootings had put up those signs. Think how many lives we could have saved had signs been put up!! Those signs are the shield and end all for crime. The criminal kryptonite.

paul@paul-fisher.com

This is the letter I just wrote my Representatives:

Per his press release http://wispolitics.com/1006/111219clark.pdf Representative Clark want's to expand the definition of the state GFSZ law to include Kindergarten. This so called loophole has been in place since 948.605 was passed, it wasn't modified by Act 35. Specifically, the definition of school is outlined in 948.61(1)(b, which also wasn't touched by Act 35. If we haven't had issues up to now, why change it? I believe WI should follow other states, such as UT, lead, where firearms are allowed inside the school. UT has NOT had a school shooting related to the lawful carry of firearms inside of a school.

Please do NOT support Representative Clark's fishing expedition.

--

Paul L Fisher

MKEgal

2 obvious things I don't see anyone has mentioned
(though admittedly I haven't read comments in the 'news' articles):

1) possession of a firearm by a minor is strictly regulated & would be a crime in the case of an unsupervised kindergartner
(because of #2, below, only the parents would be charged)

2) children that young are too young to form intent so cannot be charged with a crime