• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

mini draco

bb

Is this considered a michigan pistol

The Mini DRACO is an even shorter version of the Draco series AK pistol. It is a compact pistol version of the popular Romanian WASR-10 rifle produced from Century Arms International.
Specifications

•Caliber: 7.62x39
•Capacity: 30+1
•Weight: 5.5 lbs
•Action: Semi-Auto
•Barrel Length: 7.25”"
•Overall Length: 19.5"
•Sights: Front post, Rear adjustable
•Grips: Plastic
•Barrel / Receiver Material: Steel / Steel
•Finish: Matte Blued Steel / Matte Blued Steel
•Country of origin: Romania

0%

Details

SKU 787450071186
Quantity in stock Call for Availability: 206-417-1625
Price: $479.99

Options

Amount In Stock: Call for Availability: 206-417-1625

Billy D

Shooters Service on 6 mile wast of middlbelt hs one in stock, im pretty sure they said its classified as a pistol.

lil_freak_66

michigan considers any firearm under 30 inches long to be considered a handgun(if it has a buttstock, must still be over 26") but federal definition and i believe all other states have the handgun/NFA limit at 26".

the actual term "michigan pistol" i believe was coined by the michigan members right here on this website.

In Michigan:
30" and over= long arm
26-29"=pistol, regardless of buttstock or not.
under 26"= pistol, if NOT designed to fire from the shoulder, SBR/SBS if designed to fire from shoulder.

in other states:
over 26"=long arm
under 26"= pistol, if NOT designed to fire from the shoulder, SBR/SBS if designed to fire from shoulder.

Last edited:

Aknazer

In OK a "handgun" is any weapon that has a barrel less than 16" and is designed to be fired from one hand.

It is interesting to know that my AUG which weighs over 7lb is considered a handgun in MI since its only 27" long. Does this mean I could OC it in MI? Not that I would, but it would be funny.

Haman J.T.

In OK a "handgun" is any weapon that has a barrel less than 16" and is designed to be fired from one hand.

It is interesting to know that my AUG which weighs over 7lb is considered a handgun in MI since its only 27" long. Does this mean I could OC it in MI? Not that I would, but it would be funny.
You can OC pistols and long arms in MI.

lil_freak_66

sbr/sbs ?

SBR stand for short barreled rifle, its a rifle designed(or modified) to fire from the shoulder with an overall length of less than 26" And/or barrel length less than 16". AR and AK pistols(like a mini draco) are not designed to fire from the shoulder, so legally are handguns, and not an SBR. an SBR must be registered with the ATF, there is a tax stamp around $250 for each one you register.

SBS stands for short barreled shotgun, same thing with the SBR except that the barrel length requirements are different, it is less than 18" for a shotgun, the overall length requirements are the same as an SBR.

its all part of the national firearms act, which includes fully automatic firearms, destructive devices(i.e. grenade launchers) explosive devices suppressors/silencers, short barreled long arms and AOW's(any other weapons, not really sure what that encompasses) i think all of them have a tax stamp of $250 except for AOW, which is like $5.

Last edited: