• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clear Creek Shooting Range- Salt Lick, KY

autoxr84

Oops...

30-06... I forgot to put the most important thing on my post... THE CALIBER!!! lol But I will always go get ammo and grab a few boxes just looking at the top one and seeing 9mm. I never remember to double check until after I pay for them (I know go ahead and give me crap for it) I have never grabbed the wrong caliber but I did grab two different weights last time. lol Sorry for the confusion on the rifle!

DrakeZ07

30-06... I forgot to put the most important thing on my post... THE CALIBER!!! lol But I will always go get ammo and grab a few boxes just looking at the top one and seeing 9mm. I never remember to double check until after I pay for them (I know go ahead and give me crap for it) I have never grabbed the wrong caliber but I did grab two different weights last time. lol Sorry for the confusion on the rifle!

Heh, tis okay~ I'm guilty of being in a hurry, and grabbing 7mm instead of 30-06, and not noticing till I pay for it xD

I've got more 30-06 rounds than I really have a use for; So maybe it's my body telling me I need to get a new rifle?

I like firing 150grain over 180; seems to be more accurate down range than the 180. Always fire Federal ammo, but it may just be me, but Remington ammo and Winchester shoots oddly for me, and doesn't fire as cleanly as federal, despite the two being more expensive.

Got anything planned for the weekend?

autoxr84

I feel the same

150 grain Federal is my favorite to shoot as well. But I can't seem to find it anywhere I go. So I stick with the cheap Remington ammo. Makes me wanna clean my gun more when I get home instead of waiting a few days bc I am lazy. lol But I got plans to go hunting this weekend but if it falls through I'll let you know.

DrakeZ07

Alrighty, now that the new year has been brought in, I'm sure many of you, like myself, still have a bit of a ringing in your ear from what is often times an age old tradition. Let's start anew on the meet, as I dunno about y'all, but one of my resolutions was to schedule, and (help) organize a couple OC meets this year!

Anyone got plans for this up-coming week or weekend? Never mind the weather, or how cold it might get, just button up with some extra warmth, wear gloves, and bring some warm drinks!

Johnburns15

I know for sure ill be busy this weekend, just made plans with a "friend" today lol. Next weekend I should be free though.
And the weather doesn't bother me too much, seeing how I work out in it lol.

futzin

Happy New Year from a noob. Ran across your thread while trying to find public ranges without tubes. Certainly interested in Clear Creek and also Whitman Branch-Laurel Lake. Any help is certainly appreciated.

DrakeZ07

xD I had forgotten about this thread and stuff; must have slipped to the bottom of the thread page. If there was a meet, I hadn't noticed nor was informed, so, whatev's

Would anyone still like to put something together?

Cgm2414

I thought you and the auto racer person got together, didn't know that it was a no go, you up for meeting at the range on Wednesday around noon?

DrakeZ07

I thought you and the auto racer person got together, didn't know that it was a no go, you up for meeting at the range on Wednesday around noon?

Wed the 25th? sure why not, job hunting is going slow, could use a break from dressing nicely and stuff and put a few rounds down range.

DrakeZ07

Other than the cold, and the heat not working in my car on the way to and from the range, I'd say that was pretty fun, and it was a pleasure to meet you in person, Cgm2414.

I enjoyed our after-firing chat, and you have a very nice sidearm; Wanna trade my Hi-Point for yours? It's got a pink camo grip, that totally should seal the deal!

I Look forward to having more meets, and shoots, and perhaps we can talk some of the others into join us. I hadn't realized I brought along MRE's, else I would have offered a couple to you to make up for not bringing any drinks or other -real- food.

Cgm2414

I had an excellent time, I would trade my XD40 but I couldn't get rid of it being I have only had it a month. Haha, no worries wasn't expecting any food lol, and MRE's are a bit to nasty for my taste. I do have to say I had a good time and really enjoyed the chat, I would be willing to go a couple times a month.