• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC and Christmas

southpawgunslinger

Tgif gonna get this last load of logs of my truck go home sh*t shower and shave strap on my ria 1911a2 hi cap and head to wallyworld and radioshack to get the little girls(well not so little almost 18)xmas shoppin dun. Will post a recap when done. Fa la la la la. Bang. Lol

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Looks like the start of a southside OC thread. Hopefully others from the area will contribute.

(Hint: Might want to either ask the mods to change the thread title or start a new thread with that general title.)

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Looks like the start of a southside OC thread. Hopefully others from the area will contribute.

(Hint: Might want to either ask the mods to change the thread title or start a new thread with that general title.)

stay safe.

Let's hear from the OP - leave it a Christmas OC thread or go with an on going Southside OC theme?

southpawgunslinger

Report but first sorry if I didn't post rite still learning anyways. Radio shack. Walwart el cazadores no looks no probs. Again I apologize for wrong posting just tryin to contribute.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Report but first sorry if I didn't post rite still learning anyways. Radio shack. Walwart el cazadores no looks no probs. Again I apologize for wrong posting just tryin to contribute.

Nah, you did fine. Skid was just raising the question as to if anyone wanted a separate Southside Virgina OC thread.

I am enjoying your straight from the shoulder style as read on other threads. You're a refreshing addition to the forum.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Since this is going to be a Christmas thread, I might as well start Grinching. We left the farm Saturday afternoon because I have to go to a ceremony on Monday. The plan was to go into Richmond and see the Christmas lights Saturday night, get a few things done on Sunday, and leave again Monday morning.

We did go to the James River Center, and the lights were pretty, and there were idiotic people coming out of every crack and crevice around. We were just a couple of blocks from where there had been several murders, and the police were exercising Nazi style control over the area.

I hate the fact that during the Christmas season when supposedly peace and goodwill toward men, is the rule, it's necessary to carry a 1911 and spare magazines.

This morning's news had a story about a triple shooting in Williamsburg over the weekend. I haven't bothered to look at who got killed in Richmond. I don't think Norman Rockwell imagined this lunacy.
james-center.jpg

[video=vimeo;33854870]http://vimeo.com/33854870[/video]

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I hate the fact that during the Christmas season when supposedly peace and goodwill toward men, is the rule, it's necessary to carry a 1911 and spare magazines.

Sad, but true.

What is even more sad is that some do not recognize that fact.

Steeler-gal

I don't think lights make a house tacky. Some of the lawn Santa's and other things make it more tacky to me.

I liked that house too.
These lights are on a former co-worker's home in San Diego.
http://vimeo.com/8680887
[video=vimeo;8680887]http://vimeo.com/8680887[/video]

To see all of his light sequences, visit the URL below. He doesn't have 2011 videos up yet. I'm hoping they're still doing them this year.
http://www.clearlakechristmas.com/videos_2010.htm