• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Member Introduction

Swordsmyth

Just wanted to say "Hello" and introduce myself.

I am new to this forum and am greatly enjoying the treasure trove of information on this site.

Not quite sure how this whole forum thing works so bear with me, I'm new to this.

Thanks for paving the way for all of us who are late getting to the show, lol.

I carry a Glock 22 as my EDC, some days concealed, some days open carry.

I have had nothing but positive encounters so far, a couple strange looks, and plenty of opportunities to spread the good news about having the right to open carry.

I printed out some of my own brochures, where can I get some professional ones?

May you all have long days and pleasant nights,

Vincenzo

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran

I am new to this forum and am greatly enjoying the treasure trove of information on this site.

Not quite sure how this whole forum thing works so bear with me, I'm new to this.

I have had nothing but positive encounters so far, a couple strange looks, and plenty of opportunities to spread the good news about having the right to open carry.

Vincenzo

Welcome to OCDO (Open Carry Dot Org), Glad to have you. *Seems I have been saying this quite a bit this week!*

You can talk to M1Gunr about the brochures, he just got a new set of 10,000 printed up.

Carry On!

rbaconator

Vincenzo

welcome to OCDO! heres a link to the thread with the brochure

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?78380-Washington-Gun-Rights-Pamphlet

MadHatter66

Wow... another person from Poulsbo? Unreal, 2 in one week... Welcome aboard.

As for pamphlets they come in bundles of 100 for ~$3 if I am not mistaken. There are tri-fold and the nice glossy paper. I have some on hand, just let me know when where you might want to meet up, I am available this evening and tomorrow if you want, the rest of the week would be evenings. Just PM me if you want to meet up. I live in Poulsbo as well, so anywhere is in Poulsbo is close by for me. Right now I have 300 on hand but I can get more as I see M1Gunr a few days a week so it's not really a big deal. Looks like it might be time for a Poulsbo meetup somewhere for coffee or something. I have been OC here in Kitsap for the last 4 years or so. I can only think of one place that I will cover up and that is the Mall, but I go there as little as possible anyway. Even Costco here seems to be OK. I say seems to be, as I have't had a problem, but YMMV there. The place I though I would actually have the most problem with is Central Market as it seems to be liberal central, but even there I haven't had a problem in 2 years.

Welcome aboard!

MadHatter66

Swordsmyth

Wow... another person from Poulsbo? Unreal, 2 in one week... Welcome aboard.

As for pamphlets they come in bundles of 100 for ~$3 if I am not mistaken. There are tri-fold and the nice glossy paper. I have some on hand, just let me know when where you might want to meet up, I am available this evening and tomorrow if you want, the rest of the week would be evenings. Just PM me if you want to meet up. I live in Poulsbo as well, so anywhere is in Poulsbo is close by for me. Right now I have 300 on hand but I can get more as I see M1Gunr a few days a week so it's not really a big deal. Looks like it might be time for a Poulsbo meetup somewhere for coffee or something. I have been OC here in Kitsap for the last 4 years or so. I can only think of one place that I will cover up and that is the Mall, but I go there as little as possible anyway. Even Costco here seems to be OK. I say seems to be, as I have't had a problem, but YMMV there. The place I though I would actually have the most problem with is Central Market as it seems to be liberal central, but even there I haven't had a problem in 2 years.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks MadHatter66, I would love a bundle of 100 please. :banana:

I frequent Central Market often during the week so I will e-mail you and we can get together in the next few days.

I'm a Friday dusk until Saturday dusk Sabbath keeper so the only days I'm available are Sunday through Friday.

So if anyone ever has any Kitsap meet and greets please try and make them on any day but Saturday or I will not be able to attend.

Thanks for the help. It is nice to see freedom loving individuals living in my home town.

Peace and blessings....