Thread: Bizarre Guns against open carry ? or with friends like this who needs fudds!

Bizarre Guns against open carry ? or with friends like this who needs fudds!

John Clement, manager of Bizarre Guns in Sparks, said he is in favor of RTC’s attempt to curb the practice of people carrying firearms openly on crowded buses in Sparks and Reno. As a former law enforcement officer, Clement is in favor of open carry initiatives, but he can understand the problems with frightening passengers unnecessarily and favors concealed weapons permitting in this case.

Read more: Sparks Tribune - Guns on buses RTC to debate the issue today

http://dailysparkstribune.com/view/f...e_right_column

28kfps
    I contend open carried firearms do not frighten the passengers. You put a few armed uniformed persons on the bus no one would be frightened. I believe if you ask non-gun owners and many uninformed gun owners, if you can legal open carry a firearm in Nevada they will say no. What the few if any passengers are frightened by is their own ignorance of the law.

They are brain washed by listening to the mainstream media and the media’s so-called experts as their only source of information. If the few that may be frightened knew the difference between a person, who gets on the bus with a 10-pound sludge hammer and one with a legal open carried firearm is the one with the hammer did not have a waiting period or had to pass a background check.
    Last edited by 28kfps; 12-17-2011 at 03:14 AM.

i hope we can carry soon

man that would be so nice. i would not have to out my gun in my bag. when i get on the bus. i do have a ccw.

I posted this as well to the new NV state association. Lets hope they step up.

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    I would say they've lost me as a customer, but I've never even heard of the place -- so they just won't GET me as a customer.

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Looking at the guy's pic, I notice that he's "demonstrating handgun safety" by putting his finger on the trigger with the pistol pointed in a random direction.

I think its nice to have the option to have the "tact and choice" to carry how you wish, given a situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

If NV would reciprocate on concealed licenses, we'd have options. As it is, the freedom to oc is nice, one which we don't have in Texas. Restricting visitors from openly carrying means we could never ride the bus.

Bizarre Guitar & Guns should be boycotted! Let 'em stick to selling guitars (unless they believe guitars should not be open carried.)

Even before this latest issue, its been easy for me to boycott them. Was only in there once. Looked at the FN 5.7X28mm handgun and was discussing with the clerk (or owner, I don't know.) At any rate the clerk was an ..., er, uh, "not so smart" guy. I mentioned the round fires a .224" bullet and the clerk exclaimed, "Oh no, it fires a 5.7mm bullet."

Now i don't expect every clerk to know every detail. But when I tried to explain the situation to him, he refused to listen, adamantly stating his "case." What an idiot. And I walked out without spending a dime.

I have a feeling I will be before the the RTC Commission again!!!!!!

I see they hire morons as attorneys!!!!

You just cant fix STUPID!!!!

And I will NEVER buy another gun at Bazarre Gun!!!

And Sparks tribune get my name right your morons!!!!!!
    Last edited by john-in-reno; 12-18-2011 at 04:59 AM.
    http://washoecountygunrights.blogspot.com/

*** I am NOT a Lawyer, and I DO NOT have any LEGAL EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS ***

MOLON LABE

I bought my glock at that shop and Clement knows his guns but the rest of them are pompus ********. A friend and I open carried in there one day and we got yelled at. We were asked if our guns were loaded, when we said yes they made us leave, unload, and lock the slides back so the could see our guns were clear and the mag couldn't be in the gun. I won't go back after that. Also, John, if you would like anyone to go to any more meetings with RTC let me know and I will see if I can make it.

I hate to say this, but if the RTC up there insists that they have the authority to prhibit firearms, it may take a court of law to sort it out. there are two avenues of approach. A rider open carries and is denied access to the bus. That denial constitutes harm and the rider can sue the RTC. More drastic, a rider can deliberately be arrested and take the fight to criminal court. This option should be the last resort. In the mean time, contact your representative in the legislature and see if they can throw some weight around. The RTC is gambling on no one wanting to spend the money to challenge them in court.
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    I hate to say this, but if the RTC up there insists that they have the authority to prhibit firearms, it may take a court of law to sort it out. there are two avenues of approach. A rider open carries and is denied access to the bus. That denial constitutes harm and the rider can sue the RTC. More drastic, a rider can deliberately be arrested and take the fight to criminal court. This option should be the last resort. In the mean time, contact your representative in the legislature and see if they can throw some weight around. The RTC is gambling on no one wanting to spend the money to challenge them in court.

I would be more than happy to be arrested and take it to court, unfortunately I can't afford to be out of work and don't have the funds for a lawyer. Like I said in another post I believe a bunch of oc'ers should organize a sit in on the bus. It would make one hell of a statement and bring more attention to the issue.

Now that would an interesting OC gathering.

Can you be trespassed from a bus, being that it is not a building? Doesn't the wording of the trespass law specifically use the words 'any building'?

If so, then how can they trespass you? And if they cannot trespass you they cannot stop you from riding...

Campaign Veteran
    I am currently in the middle of a Civil Rights lawsuit here in Las Vegas. It cost me $350 to file, and the rest of my investment has been in postage & time. It's really not as challenging to run the lawsuit as you might think, but it is a daunting task to find some of the information you need. When I'm done, I'm going to write a step by step guide on how you file and run your own lawsuit, assuming you can raise the $350 and a few dozen stamps.

Tim

rtc

well i raid the bus Evey day. so i will just try to get on with my hi point some time after xmess and see what happens