• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bizarre Guns against open carry ? or with friends like this who needs fudds!

Joef

John Clement, manager of Bizarre Guns in Sparks, said he is in favor of RTC’s attempt to curb the practice of people carrying firearms openly on crowded buses in Sparks and Reno. As a former law enforcement officer, Clement is in favor of open carry initiatives, but he can understand the problems with frightening passengers unnecessarily and favors concealed weapons permitting in this case.

Read more: Sparks Tribune - Guns on buses RTC to debate the issue today

http://dailysparkstribune.com/view/...?instance=news_special _coverage_right_column

28kfps

I contend open carried firearms do not frighten the passengers. You put a few armed uniformed persons on the bus no one would be frightened. I believe if you ask non-gun owners and many uninformed gun owners, if you can legal open carry a firearm in Nevada they will say no. What the few if any passengers are frightened by is their own ignorance of the law.

They are brain washed by listening to the mainstream media and the media’s so-called experts as their only source of information. If the few that may be frightened knew the difference between a person, who gets on the bus with a 10-pound sludge hammer and one with a legal open carried firearm is the one with the hammer did not have a waiting period or had to pass a background check.

Last edited:

ssdsam2

i hope we can carry soon

man that would be so nice. i would not have to out my gun in my bag. when i get on the bus. i do have a ccw.

VW_Factor

I think its nice to have the option to have the "tact and choice" to carry how you wish, given a situation.

nonameisgood

If NV would reciprocate on concealed licenses, we'd have options. As it is, the freedom to oc is nice, one which we don't have in Texas. Restricting visitors from openly carrying means we could never ride the bus.

varminter22

Bizarre Guitar & Guns should be boycotted! Let 'em stick to selling guitars (unless they believe guitars should not be open carried.)

Even before this latest issue, its been easy for me to boycott them. Was only in there once. Looked at the FN 5.7X28mm handgun and was discussing with the clerk (or owner, I don't know.) At any rate the clerk was an ..., er, uh, "not so smart" guy. I mentioned the round fires a .224" bullet and the clerk exclaimed, "Oh no, it fires a 5.7mm bullet."

Now i don't expect every clerk to know every detail. But when I tried to explain the situation to him, he refused to listen, adamantly stating his "case." What an idiot. And I walked out without spending a dime.

john-in-reno

I have a feeling I will be before the the RTC Commission again!!!!!!

I see they hire morons as attorneys!!!!

You just cant fix STUPID!!!!

And I will NEVER buy another gun at Bazarre Gun!!!

And Sparks tribune get my name right your morons!!!!!!

Last edited:

renoglock22

I bought my glock at that shop and Clement knows his guns but the rest of them are pompus ********. A friend and I open carried in there one day and we got yelled at. We were asked if our guns were loaded, when we said yes they made us leave, unload, and lock the slides back so the could see our guns were clear and the mag couldn't be in the gun. I won't go back after that. Also, John, if you would like anyone to go to any more meetings with RTC let me know and I will see if I can make it.

Nevada carrier

I hate to say this, but if the RTC up there insists that they have the authority to prhibit firearms, it may take a court of law to sort it out. there are two avenues of approach. A rider open carries and is denied access to the bus. That denial constitutes harm and the rider can sue the RTC. More drastic, a rider can deliberately be arrested and take the fight to criminal court. This option should be the last resort. In the mean time, contact your representative in the legislature and see if they can throw some weight around. The RTC is gambling on no one wanting to spend the money to challenge them in court.

renoglock22

I hate to say this, but if the RTC up there insists that they have the authority to prhibit firearms, it may take a court of law to sort it out. there are two avenues of approach. A rider open carries and is denied access to the bus. That denial constitutes harm and the rider can sue the RTC. More drastic, a rider can deliberately be arrested and take the fight to criminal court. This option should be the last resort. In the mean time, contact your representative in the legislature and see if they can throw some weight around. The RTC is gambling on no one wanting to spend the money to challenge them in court.

I would be more than happy to be arrested and take it to court, unfortunately I can't afford to be out of work and don't have the funds for a lawyer. Like I said in another post I believe a bunch of oc'ers should organize a sit in on the bus. It would make one hell of a statement and bring more attention to the issue.

jdholmes

Now that would an interesting OC gathering.

Can you be trespassed from a bus, being that it is not a building? Doesn't the wording of the trespass law specifically use the words 'any building'?

If so, then how can they trespass you? And if they cannot trespass you they cannot stop you from riding...

timf343

Campaign Veteran
I am currently in the middle of a Civil Rights lawsuit here in Las Vegas. It cost me $350 to file, and the rest of my investment has been in postage & time. It's really not as challenging to run the lawsuit as you might think, but it is a daunting task to find some of the information you need. When I'm done, I'm going to write a step by step guide on how you file and run your own lawsuit, assuming you can raise the $350 and a few dozen stamps.

Tim

ssdsam2

rtc

well i raid the bus Evey day. so i will just try to get on with my hi point some time after xmess and see what happens