• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Age requirement to OC handguns/pistols in FL

Jake8x7

Activist Member
I'm 19. When OCing in Florida under the "fishing exemption" it doesn't cover what types of guns, so I'm assuming long gun OC is legal at 18...but what about handguns? 18+ can legally purchase handguns and handguns ammunition from private sales, securely encase them in their cars etc. The problem I'm having is seeing very mixed information from Florida OC enthusiasts across the internet (facebook meeting groups, etc) saying carry a long gun to their events if you're under 21. The way I see the FL state statutes it's 18+ as long as whatever you're doing (whether fishing/camping/target shooting/hunting/personal property/private property with permission given/place of business with permission given OC, or private property/place of business with permission of owner CC) is either one of the few legal forms of OC, or a type of CC that doesn't require a permit. I would like to clear this up before OCing a handgun i legally obtained.

Jake8x7

Last edited: