Thread: Question??

Question??

Hey there fellow CT friends. I have a question? My uncle wants to give me a shotgun and a .22 rifle as a gift. Is there any kind of paperwork we have to do for me to have these two long guns? Or can I just grab them from him?

You can "just grab them" from your uncle, however it is recommended to fill out a dps-3c form to show proof of ownership/transfer. It is not required, only suggested on long guns.

http://www.ct.gov/dps/cwp/view.asp?Q=294488
    Last edited by midnight61; 12-17-2011 at 10:33 AM.

Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by bmmd321 View Post
    Thanks a lot
    You are very welcome

One proviso, I'm sure you're a fine upstanding person with none of the disqualifying items against you.

If you are not a prohibited person there's no paperwork at all required. Why would you want DPS to know what you have? Keep a record of the serial numbers or fill out a DPS3 but don't send it in, they don't need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoaster View Post
    One proviso, I'm sure you're a fine upstanding person with none of the disqualifying items against you.

If you are not a prohibited person there's no paperwork at all required. Why would you want DPS to know what you have? Keep a record of the serial numbers or fill out a DPS3 but don't send it in, they don't need to know.
    +100!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoaster View Post

Bingo. No reason to cave into the system and their selective interpretation of what the law is.......... "WE MUST KNOW EVERYTHING!!!"..... .not......

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.