• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question??

bmmd321

Hey there fellow CT friends. I have a question? My uncle wants to give me a shotgun and a .22 rifle as a gift. Is there any kind of paperwork we have to do for me to have these two long guns? Or can I just grab them from him?

GoldCoaster

One proviso, I'm sure you're a fine upstanding person with none of the disqualifying items against you.

If you are not a prohibited person there's no paperwork at all required. Why would you want DPS to know what you have? Keep a record of the serial numbers or fill out a DPS3 but don't send it in, they don't need to know.

Lenny Benedetto

One proviso, I'm sure you're a fine upstanding person with none of the disqualifying items against you.

If you are not a prohibited person there's no paperwork at all required. Why would you want DPS to know what you have? Keep a record of the serial numbers or fill out a DPS3 but don't send it in, they don't need to know.

+100!!!!

KIX

Bingo. No reason to cave into the system and their selective interpretation of what the law is.......... "WE MUST KNOW EVERYTHING!!!"..... .not......

Jonathan