• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

well finally got stopped at wally world

eman223

I was never asked to leave by anyone, otherwise i would have complied and taken it up with corporate. my problem was mainley the one employee thinking that they knew the policy and talking out of his a$$. Being a former walmart employee myself years ago, i know that theyre ok with it. I carry a firearm as protection, not as a coversation piece or to push legal limits

MKEgal

mrjam2jab said:
"Tampons, what of it?"
Funny either way, but more effective when the idiot employee is a younger male & the customer being harassed is a more adult woman.
Most men are squeamish that way.
(My last fiancee was an engineer for a mega conglomerate that, among other things, made "feminine products"*, so he's an exception.)
((*I think a Glock is a feminine product, esp. the subcompacts, but his company made paper products.))
Better yet, "tampons & ammunition... why do you ask?"

Sky1 said:
Why be so confrontational? Just say, oh okay I will leave it in the car next time.
How is expecting the employee to follow state law & corporate policy, or even explaining said laws & policies, confrontational?

And since you are yet another anti-carry troll, you obviously won't understand the problems from doing what you recommend, but I'll take a shot:
1) Handling gun in parking lot --> ND
2) Handling gun in parking lot --> MWAG call
3) Leaving gun in car --> theft --> BG having gun
4) It encourages the minimum-wage employee to think s/he is allowed to make corporate-level decisions
5) It encourages the minimum-wage employee to think s/he knows the truth about the law & corporate policy
6) Why help them deny civil rights to their other customers?
7) Why would I spend money somewhere that doesn't want me as a customer?

troll said:
Make your purchase and leave.
See #7.

troll said:
You may have the right to carry
We do have the right.

troll said:
if an employee says you can't carry and asks you to leave it is game over
If the objectionable employee is the de facto manager, as in the gas station example above, yes.
In the situation given by the OP, and in most other stores, no way. The manager might be able to make that decision. The owner & corporate legal department certainly can.

troll said:
That will just lead to a no weapons sign on the door so nobody can carry in there.
No WallyWorld that I know of has kept one once corporate was notified about it.
Generally the offending sign comes down quickly & often the customer gets an apologetic call from the manager.

That's usually what happens once managers are made aware of employees like the originals the OP ran into.

BTW, I support the idea of writing corporate to complain about their behaviour. All of it, but especially making fun of you & not providing customer service as you left.
Out of curiosity, how many people have the WM 800# in their cell phone for times like this?
That would probably be pretty effective too, if it was during their "normal business hours".

Last edited:

rotorhead

Well put, Rotorhead, and yes, you are right. In a scenario where a manager is not present, like a smaller store or gas station, you should comply with the employee. Our rights do not trump property rights.
But a door greeter or cashier at Wal-mart does not trump my rights either. If I were asked to leave, I would ask to speak to a manager, and if still asked to leave, I would comply, then take the issue up with corporate.

Amen, Sistah.

There's nothing wrong with asking for a person who is senior to an employee or one in a leadership position to clear the matter up.

I'm usually pretty direct when confronted by employees in this manner. I'll ask for a manager to decide if there's one available. I'm not going to discuss things with someone who is completely ignorant of the law or seems to have an agenda. I just want to know if I can go in or not. All I'm asking for is a clear, definitive answer one way or the other. Based on the answer, I'll either leave or continue my shopping.

Aside from all of this, I do wish that you and all here have a great New Year's celebration and many more positive encounters in the year ahead.

muccione

my problem was mainley the one employee thinking that they knew the policy and talking out of his a$$.

The employee is 100% right about NOT carrying a firearm on Walmart property. It is in the employee handbook. The problem is that we are not employees and don't have to follow the employee handbook. Some people/employees think just because they cant carry neither can you. For them its a blurred line.

Sc0tt

This time of year if anyone at walmart give you crap about OC, go through the bull then make sure they see you check out with a crowbar and a ski mask.