• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Posting links to my website?

Christopher

Am i allowed to post a link to my business website? It does have something to do with gun accessories and ammo. I checked the rules and it said that i cannot post for sale or trade ads, which i don't consider this to be but i still want to be on the safe side.

Christopher

I am an open carrier and i own a tactical accessories business am i allowed to post my link to my page on opencarry.org in a thread?
Anybody?

Brimstone Baritone

Since you're being considerate enough to ask, it probably isn't too big a deal if you include a link in an on-topic post. But hey, I'm not a moderator. I'm just an anybody.

Christopher

It would be even better if you offered a discount for OCDO members...:D

Absolutely, I am still just trying to work out a discount program with PayPal for my website, But if you guys find the same product cheaper anywhere else let me know where and i will try to beat the price!

I am also trying to update the site as much as possible, there is still tons and tons of products to be posted on my website!
If you guys don't see what your looking for don't hesitate to give me a call i will try to get it for you.

Edit: I have been doing some reading and it seems that PayPal will not generate discount codes for customers. But i think i found a way around this: The simplest thing to do would seem to me to be this:

1) Give my customers a code
2) Put the code into the "Add special instructions to the seller" box when making the purchase and that they will receive a retrospective refund
3) I will apply a partial refund to the transaction with PayPal

I know this is not automated but it may provide a solution.

Last edited:

Christopher

Okay so if you have a PayPal account i will apply a discount for my products, depending on the price of the item/items and how much money is spent. The cheaper the item, the less of a discount you will receive, unless you are buying multiple items.

Anyone that's a member of opencarry.org can use this code in the sellers instructions.

Code: opencarry.org/discount

Items $50 and under 1%-2% discount

Items $50 and up 5%-10% discount

And of course if you are in my locale, i can save you more money when you pay with cash or check.

Also, if there is any product/s that your looking for that isn't on my site give me a call i will try to get it for you. And feel free to critique my sight as well, i love feedback on how it could be better.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OK! So how do you do it? I would like to link my site on my posts.

Presume you mean your firearms training course site.

In so long as a site linked does not conflict with OCDO rules, such is acceptable.

The easiest way is to insert the link in your signature block of your profile.
Note that it will not appear publicly until you have posted a prerequisite minimum number of posts.

See example in post #2 above.