• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New EDC / OC Piecce

massivedesign

Yesterday, Mary's Pistols in Tacoma lured me into a new early xmas present. I am a fan of XD's and own a few of them. This is my newest addition to the stable.

The newly released XD(m) 3.8 in .45acp (subcompact). Taking it to the range tomorrow to get her broken in and then she will be by my side (literally).

IMG_1400.jpg

Roscoe.40swMP

Nice the gun looks good!! I have a couple of friends that own XD's and like them. Me on the other are not a fan, but they have a good looking series.

amzbrady

Nice the gun looks good!! I have a couple of friends that own XD's and like them. Me on the other are not a fan, but they have a good looking series.

I have been thinking of getting an XD just for a good looking gun that will fit a serpa retention holster, since they havent made one for my PT 111 Millineum Pro.

massivedesign

United States Pistol Shooting Association...

I ordered Tru-Glo TFO's for it and my XD9sc. On my XD45 Service I had Trijicons installed, but those TFO's just glow so well during the day. At the last SOTM a buddy of mine had TFO's on his XD9sc, I still had regular sites on my XD9sc and Trij's on my XD45. I shot all say alternating guns and I was always faster on target and better placement with the TFO's...

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
I love my XDm, good choice!

XD != XDm

The M gives it the Mega factor!

Last edited:

briehl12

Im a glock guy myself. But have been thinking of taking a look at the xd40... Keep hearing soooo much about xd, but no one I know has one... How are they, hows the recoil?

massivedesign

Im a glock guy myself. But have been thinking of taking a look at the xd40... Keep hearing soooo much about xd, but no one I know has one... How are they, hows the recoil?

Fantastic! I have shot Glocks too, and shoot them well. I just prefer some of the ergonomics with the XD's over the Glocks. If you ever find yourself in Olympia, open invite to throw some lead downrange with my XD's.

FMCDH

Ill take a Sig any day, but I DO like the way XDs shoot. The ones I have shot seem very light on recoil, very well balanced.

I'm not a fan of grip safety devices however, and their grip system is not yet designed to allow an integral CTC grip such as Sigs or M&Ps.

Jayd1981

uspsa???
united states postal service assasinations?
unanimous service persons serving apples?
unemployed students paying several associations?

USPSA is the governing body for the practical pistol competitions I do (and keep telling you guys that you should attend). They are great practice and loads of fun.

Also I have an XD45 compact as my EDC and love it. There is quite a bit of recoil with the 10 round magazine, but with the 13 round extended mag it shoots like a dream.

amlevin

Ill take a Sig any day, but I DO like the way XDs shoot. The ones I have shot seem very light on recoil, very well balanced.

I'm not a fan of grip safety devices however, and their grip system is not yet designed to allow an integral CTC grip such as Sigs or M&Ps.

I'm with you when it comes to Sig's. There are others that shoot nice and look good but once you own a Sig or two that's usually it. No need to settle for anything less.

Hardbuck90

Briehl, Where are you out of?

I've always been a believer in the saying that my finger is my safety, that's why I prefer the grip safety on my XD. When I'm ready to fire so is my weapon

FMCDH

Briehl, Where are you out of?

I've always been a believer in the saying that my finger is my safety, that's why I prefer the grip safety on my XD. When I'm ready to fire so is my weapon

Interesting, I have always been partial to the "my brain is my safety" philosophy.

briehl12

Yea that would be awesome. My schedule sucks being a manager at a car dealership, but I always love the range. Went to Bens laons today to look at an XDM40 I think it is going to be my next purchase.