Thread: Federal Police Ranks Swell to Enforce a Widening Array of Criminal Laws - WSJ

Herr Heckler Koch

Federal Police Ranks Swell to Enforce a Widening Array of Criminal Laws - WSJ
    For years, the public face of federal law enforcement has been the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Today, for many people, the knock on the door is increasingly likely to come from a dizzying array of other police forces tucked away inside lesser-known crime-fighting agencies.

They could be from the Environmental Protection Agency, the Labor or Education departments, the National Park Service, the Bureau of Land Management or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the agency known for its weather forecasts.

Agents from NOAA, in fact, along with the Fish and Wildlife Service, raided the Miami business of Morgan Mok in ...
    With interactive graphics showing
    Quote Originally Posted by WSJ
    Convictions from cases where investigation was led by agencies other than Justice, Treasury, Defense and what became Homeland Security, FYs 1986-2010
    Click an agency below to add or remove it from the chart.

• Agriculture
    • Commerce
    • Education
    • Energy
    • Health and Human Services
    • Housing and Urban Development
    • Interior
    • Labor
    • Postal Service
    • State Department
    • Transportation
    • Veterans Administration
    • Environmental Protection Agency
    • Small Business Administration
    • Social Security Administration
    I have seen elsewhere an assertion that there are ~ONE MILLION armed federal enforcers apart from the armed military services.

"The Government's Growing Police Force"

ETA: John R. Lott, Jr. covers this very article at and with this graphic

See the history of posse comitatus
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 12-18-2011 at 07:32 AM.

So much for the people enforcing their own laws by having the militia as the only federal law enforcement body...
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Free, Colorado, USA
    The Waffen SS suddenly comes to mind...
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V