• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Intruder shot by resident

wdr89523

Check this out! Way to go for the resident.
RGJ posted this today:
A Reno resident woke up Saturday morning to the sounds of someone inside his home and ended up shooting the intruder twice, the Reno Police Department said.

The intruder fled from the Watt Street home, got into a vehicle and struck several parked cars before crashing into landscaping about a block away, Reno police said.

Police said only that the suspect was admitted to the hospital but did not describe the seriousness of the injuries.

The incident began about 6:35 a.m. when the resident not identified by police heard someone in his home on a street just north of Plumb Lane and west of Lakeside Drive. The resident got a gun and began searching the residence when he found the intruder in the basement. The resident fired twice and hit the intruder both times, police said.

Police ask anyone with information to call detectives at 334-2115 or Secret Witness at 322-4900.

PaDutchin Nv

This is the type of criminal break in story I like to hear. Sadly this scenario don't happen often enough. My hat's off to the homeowner...he exercised the term 'Gun Control' in the meaning I prefer...hitting your target.