Thread: Walworth County free WI CCL training class 1/14/12

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Walworth County free WI CCL training class 1/14/12

WCI is sponsoring a training class 1/14/12 from noon to 4:00 pm at the Community Church of Elkhorn in the Town of Delavan.

Please email ccl@paul-fisher.com or respond to the Facebook event https://www.facebook.com/events/315929031761567/
    Last edited by paul@paul-fisher.com; 12-18-2011 at 04:01 PM.

We have close to 60 confirmed attendees so far. Please invite others.

80 confirmed so far.

This is going to be a great event! I'll be there!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    80 confirmed so far.
    Is there going to be enough room? My wife is thinking about going.

Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    Is there going to be enough room? My wife is thinking about going.

So far. We have room for 180 or so.

I sent you an email Paul but wanted to make sure you get the info so I am posting here as well. My wife is a for sure at the gun class in Delevan on 1-14 and my neighbor is a maybe. I will talk to him tomorrow and let you know whether he is in or out.

Great work guys.

Sent you an email w/ contact info for a guy from the coffee shop who wants to attend, so there's one more.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

The event page on Facebook says this class is full up. Paul any updates?

I started cross-posting this to make sure we had a good turn out but I didn't check for updates on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in WI View Post
    The event page on Facebook says this class is full up. Paul any updates?

I started cross-posting this to make sure we had a good turn out but I didn't check for updates on Facebook
    Yes, over 200. I did get your email and your folks and you should be fine.

Hello, I am new to the forum and came across this. If there is still room I would like to attend. Please let me know if there is still room!

Quote Originally Posted by arkluball View Post
    Hello, I am new to the forum and came across this. If there is still room I would like to attend. Please let me know if there is still room!
    We are full. We will offer another in February sometime. Sorry.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Thumbs up Good job, WCI!

Well, today is the big day, and I mean BIG! It looks like you will have a packed house, including lots of ladies looking for a legal way to effectively protect themselves. I downloaded the class materials for my wife and went over them with her and they are very complete. This class will give her a good foundation for self-defense. I hope there will be class time set aside for questions, as she had several. In the future she and I are planning to attend some advanced self-defense classes together when we can afford it. Good job, WCI!

Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

On my way now with three others in tow. I'm curious to see how such a big class will work out but I'm sure it will go smooth.

Quick break in class, nice and full. Phil is doing a great job!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Had 193 participants. 40% or so women. The logistics were difficult but we got the class started only 30 minutes late and finished just after 4:15.

Very good feedback!

Great job

I attended the Walworth County class today and it was outstanding from start to finish,thanks alot to all who were involved.I came right home and signed up to this website.

Thumbs up I Want To Thank Everyone For Their Help Today!

I would like to thank all those that volunteered today and made this a great event; Krysta & Nancy for handling the major portion of the class registration paperwork, Paul for making this all possible and giving an introduction to everyone before the training, Pastor Bob for allowing us to have the training in the church and his welcoming speech to everyone, Nik for introducing Wisconsin Carry and explaining what we are all about and; several other Wisconsin Carry members who arrived and helped with the paperwork, refreshments and general directions to all the people attending today.

Thanks again everyone!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by kevoinc
    I came right home and signed up to this website.
    Welcome aboard, & I hope that class was just the first step in your self-selected education w/r/t carrying for self-defense.
    Browse the stickies, especially the "what you need to know" thread - it has lots of useful information.
    Use the search function - many times someone's question has already been answered.
    (Some questions have been answered several times, in several threads, when new people couldn't figure out that there was a search function, or how to use it.)

As for Phil's thanks, I have to point out that Nancy did probably 2/3 of the "writing names on certificates" job 'cause she has better handwriting.
    There were a few glitches, but everything worked out & I think we all worked well together.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.