Thread: NRA License Plates?

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar

NRA License Plates?

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...e-next-session

Twenty-five lawmakers are pushing a bill to sell special license plates bearing the logo of the National Rifle Association with proceeds to be spent on firearm safety and hunter education programs
    After having my truck keyed in Fremont for having a Rossi sticker not sure I would get one but...
    Last edited by Right Wing Wacko; 12-18-2011 at 04:37 PM.

I like the idea, but its not for me personally. I wont even put a Sig Sauer sticker on my car, as I have no interest in advertising that I am a gun owner in that way.

I will just continue to give to charities the old fashioned way.

Skyisfalling had a sweetheart in Canada. On a trip thru the border on day, they spotted a single bullet in his vehicle. Of course he was searched up to the point of the "alien probe".
    Now, every time he crosses over, he "sterilizes" his truck. This does not help, they now have him on Canadas Most Wanted and he gets it regularly now.

Stickers on my car? I don't think so. I will wear a pistol on my hip, but I will not hang a sign around my neck.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Right Wing Wacko View Post
    http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...e-next-session

After having my truck keyed in Fremont for having a Rossi sticker not sure I would get one but...
    how do you know that was the cause?
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

I hear alot about stickers. I just do not worry about it. I have gun stickers all over my truck.
    To me if you do not put them on only because you are afraid of some bad guy. Than who is controling your life ? The bad guy or you.
    Heck I would buy a NRA plate.
    How about wildlife plates, Dont they denote hunter?
    How about Game Dept. Parking passes in you window?
    How about pulling a duck boat?
    Parking outside a gun store?

Live your life the way you want scum bags be dammed.

I have a big ol' WaGuns.org sticker on my back window...
    www.WaGuns.org

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Skyisfalling had a sweetheart in Canada. On a trip thru the border on day, they spotted a single bullet in his vehicle. Of course he was searched up to the point of the "alien probe".
    Now, every time he crosses over, he "sterilizes" his truck. This does not help, they now have him on Canadas Most Wanted and he gets it regularly now.

Stickers on my car? I don't think so. I will wear a pistol on my hip, but I will not hang a sign around my neck.
    It's not just firearm stuff that puts you on the "most wanted" list in Canada. I had a mango in my trunk, a lunch from the day before that i never ate. When I got to the border. I was asked if I had any fruit and without even thinking I said no. I got pulled over anyway. A guard looked in my trunk and found the mango. Brought to a small room, gave me a pat down and started asking me questions about my life, trying to see if I was lying about anything. I told them I honestly forgot about the mango. I was there for 40 minutes. For a moment I honestly thought I would be thrown into a Canadian jail. I was only 19 at the time. Scared the crap out of me. I know i should have known it was in my car but i think just taking the fruit would of been ok. They finally let me go, mango-less, into Canada but every time I go now I get pulled over and searched. I guess guns and fruit are both evil in Canada. At least thank goodness for not going to an "alien probe" level.

I already have NRA member stickers on my car I use to have NRA license plate covers on my truck when I had it I bought direct from the NRA but when I got my car I went with a more Seattle Mariners theme. I think it's a great idea but do not not see myself buying them. The NRA has irritatedthe me over the past few years and I am am not sure I will be renewing my membership with them when it runs out. Great idea but they are not getting anymore of my money I will teach my kids gun safety just as my father taught it to me
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    Hey, it's FREMONT! Anything Conservative is an automatic target.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Because he was in Freemont... with a Rossi sticker...

I hear the "SUBJUGATE BALLARD" one is equally popular.

The solution is just to put your pro-gun pro-liberty anti-liberal stickers on something you don't care about getting keyed
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    Because he was in Freemont... with a Rossi sticker...

I hear the "SUBJUGATE BALLARD" one is equally popular.

The solution is just to put your pro-gun pro-liberty anti-liberal stickers on something you don't care about getting keyed
    wow, guess I'll stay away from Fremont then. My mom lives in Gig Harbor so I've been to the SeaTac area several times and the people I've run into there have always seemed more respectful than that.

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

wow, guess I'll stay away from Fremont then. My mom lives in Gig Harbor so I've been to the SeaTac area several times and the people I've run into there have always seemed more respectful than that.
    Freemont is generally filled with artsy, tolerant, non-violent ultra leftist types. So anyone going through there who is NOT an artsy, tolerant, non-violent ultra leftist type is often subjected to artsy intolerant violence.

The looks I got one day when I cruised thru there with my OBAMA SUCKS stickers were amusing to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freemont is generally filled with artsy, tolerant, non-violent ultra leftist types. So anyone going through there who is NOT an artsy, tolerant, non-violent ultra leftist type is often subjected to artsy intolerant violence.

The looks I got one day when I cruised thru there with my OBAMA SUCKS stickers were amusing to say the least.

I wonder what they'd do if I showed up with a 2A, gun logo and a DeviantART sticker side by side. Or even better, one from my school that says ETSU Department of Art and Design. To top it off I drive a green Subaru Outback.

I think their head would explode.

I'm a former art student with lots of artist friends. I don't have many gun friends. This has always been a problem for me lol

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

So one day I helped out a friend and with him, towed a boat to Vancouver BC. As some of you know I have gun and military stuff all over the back of my rig. I had no issue getting into Canada. On the way back that night the US border guard asks if I have any weapons or explosives... I responded jokingly with "what do you need?" We had to pull into the search area while they went through the truck. They found 5 loose rounds of various calibers and my missing 6 cell mag light. All in all it was a good experience despite the 1.5 hr delay.

No new plates any time soon....

http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistr...createnew.html

The legislature extended the moratorium on new special license plates during the 2011 legislative session. We canít accept any applications until the moratorium ends on July 1, 2013. (See Engrossed Substitute House Bill 1175.)

[QUOTE=SovereignAxe;1669497]SNIP

I think their head would explode.

SNIP[QUOTE]

The only thing that might do it quicker would be NRA Life Member stickers on a Prius. I got close with my Rossi stickers on my Civic Hybrid but didn't have any problems because of that over here on the dry side.
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

Already have my Army Veteran plates. No room for any other.

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lammo View Post
    The only thing that might do it quicker would be NRA Life Member stickers on a Prius. I got close with my Rossi stickers on my Civic Hybrid but didn't have any problems because of that over here on the dry side.
    Doesn't the Prius come from the factory with an Obama sticker? I know just about every one of them I see has one.

Doesn't the Prius come from the factory with an Obama sticker? I know just about every one of them I see has one.
    Doesn't need to. The PrIOUS IS an Obama sticker. But libs love superfluity.

Doesn't need to. The PrIOUS IS an Obama sticker. But libs love superfluity.
    What sticker does my big ass Dodge diesel represent?
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    What sticker does my big ass Dodge diesel represent?
    Depends... 2x or 4x?

Depends... 2x or 4x?
    4x of course.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Guys -

I respect the choices that each and everyone of you make with regards to your choices to display or not to display your support of 2A rights... For most of my years, I took the low key approach, not wanting to get my car keyed, or offend those that may not share my beliefs... However, I am now of the belief that I have made a mistake with this approach... It is much like those that choose to open carry in order to demonstrate that a handgun a peacefully co-exist with activities of daily living and not present a menace to society... By openly demonstrating that I support 2A rights, people can see that it is not just the "right-wing wacko" that supports 2A rights, but also the successful businessman, family man, church-goer, etc... Just a thought...
    "Like" us on Facebook at Buck's Gun Shop for regular specials and other savings.
    www.Bucks-Gun-Shop.com
    Earl@Bucks-Gun-Shop.com

The Constitution of the United States does not grant rights to citizens; it limits the powers of government to infringe on the rights which have already endowed upon us by our Creator. One of those is the right to keep and bear arms, to defend our persons and property in any manner we see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammo View Post
    No, "Drill baby, Drill!" on a prius..............
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

I won't send another dime to the NRA, as there are more worthy recipients such as Gun Owners of America, in my opinion. As for Fremont - they have a statue of V.I. Lenin there, if that sheds any light on their way of thinking. I OC'd regularly while living in neighboring Ballard, and rarely had an issue. I'm less and less convinced of the 'flying under the radar' approach. I'll never forget seeing an NRA sticker on a Prius, I thought I'd seen a unicorn.