• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond homeowner shoots intruder

zrukman

I hope this works out for Steven. I wonder if the bad guy did have a weapon?

http://richmondregister.com/localnews/x1759191732/Homeowner-shoots-intruder-police-say

December 18, 2011

Homeowner shoots intruder, police say
Register staff report The Richmond Register Sun Dec 18, 2011, 07:30 AM EST

RICHMOND — A Richmond man shot a man he said was breaking into his home three times Saturday morning, sending the man to the University of Kentucky Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries, police said.

The Richmond post of the Kentucky State Police received “burglary in progress” call from Hager Drive resident Steven Womack at about 8:29 a.m., according to KSP spokesperson Trooper Paul Blanton.

Sgt. Harvey Baxter and Trooper Doug Cole responded to the scene, where Womack told them he had found Steven Murphy, 38, in the process of burglarizing the home. Womack said he attempted to hold the alleged burglar at gunpoint until KSP units could arrive, Blanton said in a press release.

As Womack waited for police, Murphy allegedly attempted to flee out of a window, Womack told the officers.

“ … in the process of doing so, he (Murphy) looked back at Mr. Womack and made a motion of reaching toward his pocket,” Blanton said. “At this point, Mr. Womack feared for his life and fired his weapon, striking Mr. Murphy three times.”

Detective Ken Bradley has been assigned to the case, which still is under investigation.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
A Richmond man shot a man he said was breaking into his home three times Saturday morning

Dude breaks into my home repeatedly on a Saturday morning ought to expect to get lit up.:D (Yes, I know that reportologists do not know how to write.)

Given that the bad Steven was reaching for his back pocket while trying to climb out a window when this happened, the good Steven may not have had a whole lot of choice in where to aim. That and being threat-focused on the hand going into the back pocket. Just wondering out loud here, boss.:eek:

stay safe.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
This guy shot three times and not one life threatening injury? Amazing! Being as he and the BG was inside the residence when he fired at BG, he will be fine.