• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bellingham police draw down on Open Carrier

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I went down to the BPD and filed for my incident report. No worries. Four to six weeks.

Later my Sweet Baboo hunted this down on the internet.

Reported: Dec 19 2011 8:10AM
Offense: SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCE
Case #: OMGWHTBSHT

S1 was socially contacted and became hostile.

Socially at first, then that pesky pistol kept popping out and I did get a bit bloody hostile.

Hmmmmm. I wonder. Is there a penalty for writing a false or misleading official report that omits important information (meaning hides actionable misconduct)?

Metalhead47

Oh! This is great! Just ask the cop if he is straight or gay. If straight, just invite him home for a consensual gay sex encounter. If it makes him uncomfortable, he is bound by case law to leave you alone! :D

Any question or comment that would make him uncomfortable. "How many times have you lied to your wife?" "How often have you been written up adversely by your supervisor?"

Oh, my. The opportunities this presents.

... but what if he IS gay? then you've just bribed/propositioned a police officer ;)

although I understand the same tactic is quite effective at politely getting rid of door-to-door religious proselytizers.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
... but what if he IS gay? then you've just bribed/propositioned a police officer ;)

although I understand the same tactic is quite effective at politely getting rid of door-to-door religious proselytizers.

So too is answering the door while OCing a 1911, asking them for their required county permit to solicit, and/or telling them that they are trespassing if they do not leave immediately. I quite fond of our local laws to that regard :D

Metalhead47

So too is answering the door while OCing a 1911, asking them for their required county permit to solicit, and/or telling them that they are trespassing if they do not leave immediately. I quite fond of our local laws to that regard :D

Perhaps, but then you miss out on seeing that indescribable look on their face when you invite them in to partake in a drug-fueled inter-species orgy sacrifice to Snxxxg'thrglAzxzxqhpltu, the Corpse-Handed One.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Perhaps, but then you miss out on seeing that indescribable look on their face when you invite them in to partake in a drug-fueled inter-species orgy sacrifice to Snxxxg'thrglAzxzxqhpltu, the Corpse-Handed One.

Yes that is true, but have had the pleasure of seeing them sitting on the curb and being lectured by a LEO.
Several of my neighbors have adopted my tactics so we have virtually no door-to-door salesmen in the area. :D

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

That's why I said to ask his orientation first! And, besides, there was no money involved, so no bribe or solicitation.

And, I wish you wouldn't wink at me like that!

:D

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Reported: Dec 19 2011 8:10AM
Offense: SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCE
Case #: OMGWHTBSHT

S1 was socially contacted and became hostile.

No, no. You're looking at this the wrong way.

Since the cop did not report himself violating your rights, and since you were doing nothing illegal (there couldn't have been anything suspicious then, could there?), what remains is that this is obviously your report about the cop. You just forgot you wrote it. ;)

Read it again. It fits. You socially contacted the cop to tell him where the graffiti investigation was occurring. He became hostile. It was totally suspicious that he didn't know the law on OC.

Y'all just gotta know how to read these things. :D

sudden valley gunner

Wow! Sorry I missed this John. There was a training bulletin issued, I haven't read it but Drew has and assured me it was issued. The only reason we accepted the settlement was because of the training bulletin and lack of non-disclosure contract.

You were the victim of assault and qualified immunity does not apply. You were never a threat and the use of force the officer used was warrant-less.

You were a split second away from being shot...

And I don't believe that them saying 'oops sorry my bad' accounts for anything. Because as long as they can keep saying "Sorry" they won't change their ways. They need to be forced to change.

Brian Turney

I can guarantee you, had he shot you, all he'd have to do is say 'The guy made a threatening gesture'. Good shoot. Thus, it's a really good idea to file on him. I also guarantee you he knew you were not a real threat, and knows the difference between a lawful citizen and a bad guy and you weren't a bad guy.

It's all jealousy, imo.

I'm new to the forum but love reading all I can on these posts. I agree with Badger Johnson here. I have had several good cop buddies over the years but I also know from what they have told me that some cops ARE cops to PLAY cops and don't like anyone having guns but them. sadly. You'd think cops would be the biggest open carry advocates of them all.

sudden valley gunner

I'm new to the forum but love reading all I can on these posts. I agree with Badger Johnson here. I have had several good cop buddies over the years but I also know from what they have told me that some cops ARE cops to PLAY cops and don't like anyone having guns but them. sadly. You'd think cops would be the biggest open carry advocates of them all.

Welcome to the forum. And I concur with your observation. I have friends that are cops too. I like them on a personal level do not like the way they perceive their profession.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
update update update

I have received the incident report. I was not sure at first if I was at the incident being described by the OI (officer allen bass ). The OI consistently lied in his report and research has provided evidence he has done it before.
The BPD has sent me a copy of Bellinghams so called "Training Bulletin". They have admitted that they have not yet gotten around to training using the document anyway. To top that off, bellingham police officers are not required to read the training bulletins.
My formal complaint will go in to the Chief of police, with copy to the new mayor, this week.

I want to post the training bulletin, but it is not working out. M1gunner can I send it to you by email so you can add it to the others?

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Of course the department is not going to make a statement that will require them to take action on an officer or open themselves for a lawsuit ie admitting to requiring them to read training bulletins.

I thought open carry was taken care of sometime back in Bellingham and a training bulletin to train their officers? following through makes a big difference on their and our part.

sudden valley gunner

:rolleyes:
They know better they just don't want to comply.
Of course the report is full of misleading information I get the impression they don't write them until a report is requested.

Difdi

I think feel threatened is a little too subjective. Lets keep it at an objective justification. Can't have it slopping over into police using a feel threatened excuse.

It already has. All the officer needs to do is say something like "reached for his waistband" or "made a threatening movement", both of which amount to "I felt threatened" and it's a good shoot.

amlevin

I have received the incident report. I was not sure at first if I was at the incident being described by the OI (officer allen bass ). The OI consistently lied in his report and research has provided evidence he has done it before.
The BPD has sent me a copy of Bellinghams so called "Training Bulletin". They have admitted that they have not yet gotten around to training using the document anyway. To top that off, bellingham police officers are not required to read the training bulletins.
My formal complaint will go in to the Chief of police, with copy to the new mayor, this week.

I want to post the training bulletin, but it is not working out. M1gunner can I send it to you by email so you can add it to the others?

Get friendly with a local News Reporter. Wouldn't it be an interesting title to an article "BPD creates Training Bulletins but the officers aren't required to read them". The article could further point out how BPD, through it's haphazard approach to training is leaving the taxpayers open to the same liabilities as Seattle Police have to theirs. Nothing like a little "daylight" to get the cockroaches running for cover.

sudden valley gunner

Hmmmmm. I wonder. Is there a penalty for writing a false or misleading official report that omits important information (meaning hides actionable misconduct)?

Brady vs Maryland they should be fired because their testimony is worthless in court when proven they lied on reports since that is testimony for the court. And according to my interpretation even omissions and misleading statements like the many "boiler plate" words meant to prejudice the judge and jury count.

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Cops-who-lie-don-t-always-lose-jobs-1262936.php