• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lynnwood Walmart on 164th

hermannr

If you should know exactly who and why called, I would point the perp out to the Sheriffs deputy and tell them to go talk to the person that put in the false 911 call, as what I am doing if perfectly legal. Please inform the perp that you found nothing illegal going on except with his call. He had even been told that I was doing nothing wrong by the walmart clerk, but still called 911. Now...That is what is illegal.

The one time I was talked to by a deputy sheriff, it was two words and off he went to find the woman that made the call. no license chack, did not even ask if I had a CPL or if the gun was loaded.

Last edited:

Roscoe.40swMP

wow! great story and replies going on here. I have not personally OC yet, I am new here and still learning. This thread has provided me with a lot of info which is great. I am waiting personally for my CPL just to make things easier for me traveling in my car and such. I like reading all the replies here it is helping me, a person who has never carried openly heading toward that direction and have some of the confidence if I were to ever have a "encounter" with the law. Great stuff keep it up!

hermannr

wow! great story and replies going on here. I have not personally OC yet, I am new here and still learning. This thread has provided me with a lot of info which is great. I am waiting personally for my CPL just to make things easier for me traveling in my car and such. I like reading all the replies here it is helping me, a person who has never carried openly heading toward that direction and have some of the confidence if I were to ever have a "encounter" with the law. Great stuff keep it up!

Just remember when you OC: You are doing nothing illegal when you OC a handgun, no more so than carrying a cell phone. So don't be nervous, use a good holster, and if you feel the need to check your weapon, use your elbow not your hand.

Nervous Nellys call attention to themselves, not necessary, and not necessarily a good thing.

You can carry for years and never have a problem with anyone, because no one notices if you act confident that what you are doing is completely 100% legal.

Roscoe.40swMP

Just remember when you OC: You are doing nothing illegal when you OC a handgun, no more so than carrying a cell phone. So don't be nervous, use a good holster, and if you feel the need to check your weapon, use your elbow not your hand.

Nervous Nellys call attention to themselves, not necessary, and not necessarily a good thing.

You can carry for years and never have a problem with anyone, because no one notices if you act confident that what you are doing is completely 100% legal.

Couldn't agree more, I see this stuff and I realize it is condensed version of all the people that carry openly. I like reading the stories and the situations and how people handle themselves. I handle weapons quiet frequently and I am confident but going out in the public could probably change all that. I know the first couple of times I am going to fee like there are laser beam eyes piercing through me.

Theoretically, I have OC before in uniform on Whidbey Island coming home from a gun shoot. My buddy had his M9 on and was in Wendy's and I went in with him. He was inside and standing in line then all of a sudden he was like hey come outside. He felt uncomfortable and handed the weapon over to me. I wore it the rest of the way back home from Whidbey back to Bangor and any stops that we had in between with no problem. There was probably the factor of wearing my NWU's and all but people still did stare and I just shrugged it off.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
He had even been told that I was doing nothing wrong by the walmart clerk, but still called 911. Now...That is what is illegal.

Not enough LEOs left to waste (1) the LEOs time, (2) the citys resources, (3) MY bloody tax dollars. If this stuff can get past dispatch, why not prosecute for malicious mischief.