• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Scenario: What would you do?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Badger Johnson evidently has a "need a permit to carry" mentality -- hence must be from a relatively "non-free" state. It's too bad that many people seem to think that OC requires a "permit".

Badger is aware that no permit is required to OC in Va. He doesn't actively engage in the practice (personal reasons he says) and can come across more than a little negative regarding different scenarios and OC.

While this site is primarily about open carry, it is pointedly about supporting/defending the choice to do so. There is no mandate that one must OC or for that matter carry at all. Does doing so add to one's credibility/image - I think so.

xmanhockey7

Badger is aware that no permit is required to OC in Va. He doesn't actively engage in the practice (personal reasons he says) and can come across more than a little negative regarding different scenarios and OC.

While this site is primarily about open carry, it is pointedly about supporting/defending the choice to do so. There is no mandate that one must OC or for that matter carry at all. Does doing so add to one's credibility/image - I think so.

And that's what's great about this site. Don't have to hear the argument about whether OC or CC is better and all the flame wars you'll see on other gun forums.

sharkey

Permit? What's that?

Badger Johnson evidently has a "need a permit to carry" mentality -- hence must be from a relatively "non-free" state. It's too bad that many people seem to think that OC requires a "permit".

My comment wasn't meant to be a personal attack. Just a snarky one. It was off topic and should have been ignored.

sharktroll.png

Last edited:

dman

Just to be clear...
I should have clarified in my original post, but I did not; the instigators were not kids or young teenagers. From his description, there were four of them, they were in their early to mid 20's, and dressed in the "gangster wannabe" fashion, that is, sideway baseball caps, jeans hanging down to their knees, etc. Just wanted to clear that up in case anyone thought I was referring to literal kids, as in 12 year olds.

In my experience, they're not wannabe gangsters if they're in their mid 20's, they are gangsters! good choice in holster, and being mindful of the situation...I would have filed a police report on those punks.