• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Legal Question's Need Answered Please.

Ben-Hunter

Hi, My name is Ben and i am 19 years old and i have a couple questions i would highly appreciate if they could be answered.

1. When open carrying, what are the laws in the state of wyoming about a loaded magazine. Can i have a loaded magazine in gun, but not one in the chamber?

2. What are my limitations to open carrying as a 19 year old. (I have taken hunter safety)

I greatly appreciate if i could have my questions answered, because im an avide hunter/ fisher and i would like to open carry for my pertection in some area's.

Thanks.

Ben

MatieA

there are 0 (ZERO) laws in Wyoming regarding open-carry. Don't break any federal laws and your good. At 19 you can legally carry a gun, BUT do not conceal as you still need to be 21 to get a conceal-carry permit, and our so-called "constitutional-carry" law still requires you to meet all conceal-carry permit requirements, so if you cannot get a Wyoming conceal-carry permit you cannot conceal.
Wyoming does not have "constitutional-carry" so be careful. DO NOT CONCEAL!

Oh and you can carry loaded, loaded mag and one in the pipe.

Last edited: