Thread: SPORTCO Burglarized

SPORTCO Burglarized

"Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Stolen Guns Database

Seems like one more good reason the public should be able to access a stolen gun database for private sales. If I call the KC Sheriff can they verify numbers for me ?

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

I just saw it on the news 43 hand guns and 2 rifles
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Quote Originally Posted by Whitney View Post
    Seems like one more good reason the public should be able to access a stolen gun database for private sales. If I call the KC Sheriff can they verify numbers for me ?

~Whitney
    I'm sure they CAN. If they WILL for a citizen trying to be honest is a different question. I'm sure if they would be more than happy to check the serial number for you after the fact if you're ever detained.

The PD's I've contacted on this topic have usually refused unless you are willing to bring the firearm to them in person. I guess that way they figure they have someone they can arrest if the piece is determined to be stolen.

Wonder how many guns that were stolen "in bulk" over the last year or so have been recovered or are they still like the former SPD chief's Glock and still "missing"?

How many of the "Lynnwood Guns" have been recovered?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jayd1981 View Post
    I'm sure they CAN. If they WILL for a citizen trying to be honest is a different question. I'm sure if they would be more than happy to check the serial number for you after the fact if you're ever detained.
    Can they, yes... And no. It is actually against ACCESS policy to release that info to the general public. So they can run it, but that cannot tell you the results of the inquiry.

Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter66 View Post
    Can they, yes... And no. It is actually against ACCESS policy to release that info to the general public. So they can run it, but that cannot tell you the results of the inquiry.
    But they really do tell you. They will either arrest you and/or keep the gun, or they will let you have the gun and leave. That would be your answer.

Relax, it's just another ATF operation.
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    But they really do tell you. They will either arrest you and/or keep the gun, or they will let you have the gun and leave. That would be your answer.

Well right...

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    Relax, it's just another ATF operation.
    Or Bloomberg.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.