• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I want a photo in front of the sign too!

Phillip_Hoare

G'day guys,

Long time lurker first time poster.

I'm heading over for SHOT and some competitions next month from Australia and would love to catch up with some of you guys for a photo OC'ing in from of the LV sign.

I have contacted DPS and they have advised me I am legal to carry in the state of Nevada!

I can't wait, so what say you all? Anyone want to catch up for a meal or a shoot and to grab a pic?

Thanks!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
G'day guys,

Long time lurker first time poster.

I'm heading over for SHOT and some competitions next month from Australia and would love to catch up with some of you guys for a photo OC'ing in from of the LV sign.

I have contacted DPS and they have advised me I am legal to carry in the state of Nevada!

I can't wait, so what say you all? Anyone want to catch up for a meal or a shoot and to grab a pic?

Thanks!

Presume DPS is referring to OC.

Looks like a good photo op et al looking for a place to happen. :D

gravedigger

Make sure the "Welcome to Nevada" sign is IN Nevada, and not in COMMIEfornia. Some of the state signs are actually in the neighboring states, because the terrain at the state line does not facilitate erection of the sign at that point.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...Some of the state signs are actually in the neighboring states, because the terrain at the state line does not facilitate erection of the sign at that point.

On the other hand, that has the possibility of an awesome photo at a "Welcome to California" sign!! Anyone know one that is out of bounds?

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Geography, how does it work?

I was going to add text to a picture of the Insane Clown Posse. But I figured only a very few would get it. So instead, I'm going to bed.:p

ETA: I didn't add that link for ICP

Dude, Im a Juggalo from way back..............I have seen em at that crappy theater at Maryland Parkway and Charleston several times..... cool

Phillip_Hoare

Excellent question not properly addressed. Perhaps indeed he may not.

Federal Issues:
In general, non-immigrant aliens are forbidden to possess any firearms or ammunition.
http://www.vrolyk.org/guns/alien-laws.html

Nevada: No special restrictions found.
[h=4][/h]

Thanks, I did my research, I have both an AZ hunting permit and invitation from the pistol club which keeps me legal under US federal law. I can OC in both NV and AZ, but have yet to ascertain as to whether I can CC in AZ under "constitutional carry" law.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Make sure the "Welcome to Nevada" sign is IN Nevada, and not in COMMIEfornia. Some of the state signs are actually in the neighboring states, because the terrain at the state line does not facilitate erection of the sign at that point.

I think this is the sign the photo opportunity is for:

Las_Vegas_Sign_II-1.jpg