Thread: Menomonee Falls to Ban Concealed Weapons from Municipal Buildings

Menomonee Falls to Ban Concealed Weapons from Municipal Buildings

http://menomoneefalls.patch.com/arti...ipal-buildings

Once again, Menomonee Falls is trying to prevent law abiding citizens from carrying in the public buildings.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    http://menomoneefalls.patch.com/arti...ipal-buildings

Once again, Menomonee Falls is trying to prevent law abiding citizens from carrying in the public buildings.
    "A violator of the ordinances could be cited if he or she refuses to leave the building."

To me that says, in absence of metal detectors, that there is no reason to be unduly concerned with this ordinance.
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    "A violator of the ordinances could be cited if he or she refuses to leave the building."

To me that says, in absence of metal detectors, that there is no reason to be unduly concerned with this ordinance.
    Except it would still be against the ordinance (law).
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post

"No reason to be unduly concerned" - really?

(15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.