• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Meet and greet.... LakeDelton/WI Dells Ponderosa... Friday 23 Dec 2011...

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I'm in. I think Mlutz is in too.

Oh, and just so everyone knows I do believe they serve alcohol so CCL's are required with the usual caveat.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

protias

I'm in. I think Mlutz is in too.

Oh, and just so everyone knows I do believe they serve alcohol so CCL's are required with the usual caveat.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Unless you get permission to carry of course. ;)

TyGuy

I'm a FIB who hasn't OCed or CCed since the new law took effect. What is the caveat about them serving alcohol in regards to both CC and OC?

protias

I'm a FIB who hasn't OCed or CCed since the new law took effect. What is the caveat about them serving alcohol in regards to both CC and OC?

If you carry under your license/permit, you cannot consume. If you have permission from the owner to be there, you can consume and you have to OC since you can only CC with a license.

TyGuy

So I can OC or CC (with license) if I don't consume? That's fine. I don't drink and shoot, I don't drink and drive, and I don't drink and derive.

Math joke FTW!

H

Herr Heckler Koch

So I can OC or CC (with license) if I don't consume? That's fine.
Ten Characters
Wisc. Stats. said:
941.237 Carrying handgun where alcohol beverages may be sold and consumed.
(2) Whoever intentionally goes armed with a handgun on any premises for which a Class “B” or “Class B” license or permit has been issued under ch. 125 is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.
(3) Subsection (2) does not apply to any of the following:
[ ... ]
(cx) A licensee, as defined in s. 175.60 (1) (d), or an out−of−state licensee, as defined in s. 175.60 (1) (g), if the licensee or out−of−state licensee is not consuming alcohol on the premises.
NOTE: Par. (cx) is created eff. 11−1−11 by 2011 Wis. Act 35.
[ ... ]
(g) The possession or use of a handgun on the premises if authorized for a specific event of limited duration by the owner or manager of the premises who is issued the Class “B” or “Class B” license or permit under ch. 125 for the premises.
[ ... ]
(4) The state does not have to negate any exception under sub.(3). Any party that claims that an exception under sub. (3) is applicable has the burden of proving the exception by a preponderance of the evidence.

Last edited:

TyGuy

It takes a moment to do YOUR research.

You would think that people on an OC advocacy site would want to make it easier for others to participate, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Yes, I could spend the time deciphering the lawyer-speak of Act 35, but why not just ask the people here, those that have been living it for almost two months now, to give me the run down?

I don't know about you, but when I meet a new shooter I go out of my way to make it easy and enjoyable when I teach them. I WANT new shooters to fall in love with shooting and become life long advocates. Similarily I want people to be life long advocates of all their rights including the 2A. So why make is needlessly difficult for them, or for me?

*rant off.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

You should accept legal advise or legal interpretations from ONLY your personal attorney paid to advocate in your favor.

The DoJ concealed carry crap page lies and 'suggests' against YOUR interests. If you can't understand Act 35 and the changes it made to Wisconsin law and are too cheap to pay an attorney then ... maybe... you ... shouldn't....rant