• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Meet and greet.... LakeDelton/WI Dells Ponderosa... Friday 23 Dec 2011...

oliverclotheshoff

You should accept legal advise or legal interpretations from ONLY your personal attorney paid to advocate in your favor.

The DoJ concealed carry crap page lies and 'suggests' against YOUR interests. If you can't understand Act 35 and the changes it made to Wisconsin law and are too cheap to pay an attorney then ... maybe... you ... shouldn't....rant

quit being a di ck, koch he just asked a question get over it so what if it has been asked before

heaven for bid someone ask a question in a FORUM where people talk, ask and answer questons

if you dont want to answer or participate in a positive way then stay out of it

Last edited:

TyGuy

You should accept legal advise or legal interpretations from ONLY your personal attorney paid to advocate in your favor.

The DoJ concealed carry crap page lies and 'suggests' against YOUR interests. If you can't understand Act 35 and the changes it made to Wisconsin law and are too cheap to pay an attorney then ... maybe... you ... shouldn't....rant
I have to be, or consult, a lawyer before I come up to WI now? I understand that ANY advice given here is not legal advice, but I was just hoping for a quick rundown of how OC and CC worked in an establishment that served alcohol.

I have received the quick rundown, and I thank OC.org for the info. I will stop this line of bickering, as I don't wish the thread to devolve any further.

Have a Merry Christmas Koch, seriously, it's the best time of the year!

msusnVet

Open carry in an establishment with a class B license is cloudy. It is quite possible a test case could emerge next week. Just have to wait and see what happens next in the latter part of week.

TyGuy

Ok then. If I come it will be CC. I prefer OC, as it's more comfortable, and it's a way to educate people on the law.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Ugh.....If you have a CCL you can OC or CC in an establishment with a class B. Our CCL does not differentiate on open or concealed.

Without a CCL, yes, it's cloudy. You have to basically get written (to be safe) permission from the owner for a specific event.

So, the short answer is that in this case, if you don't have a CCL, you can't carry this Friday. If you have a CCL you can.

This is why I put "with the usual caveat" in my other post. I didn't want to clutter this thread with this stuff.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Sorcice

hmm. i'm renting a car and taking my cousin xmas shopping that day. hopefully ill be done by then and can drive up by 5 or so. Cheers!

Hostilefreak

Hmm that sounds tempting. I live about 14 miles away from that Ponderosa but I do have some other plans for this evening. Every time something like this happens I'm booked up. But if someone calls the cops and has us arrested for DC I could get some $$$ from that settlement :)

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
As a courtesy to the owner; whom I know casually, I called and let them know we are coming. I wasn't able to talk to him but there's a really cool lady that will be taking care of us.

Last edited:

Mlutz

As a courtesy to the owner; whom I know casually, I called and let them know we are coming. I wasn't able to talk to him but there's a really cool lady that will be taking care of us.

Of course, had you called and asked if we could come, I would be reading you the riot act. But, since you called and told them what it was... I suppose ill let it slide... Lol. :p

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Of course, had you called and asked if we could come, I would be reading you the riot act. But, since you called and told them what it was... I suppose ill let it slide... Lol. :p

Ha ha, yeah, I just got done talking to GlockRDH about this very thing. I would never ask permission going anywhere that wasn't posted.

Only because I know the owner, did I bother to call. I talked to him last year when I was distributing WCI pamphlets.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Im sure we will still be there...

It is a buffet after all. I heard Mlutz is going to forego the usual pink shirt for a sleeveless, stained, skin tight white undershirt. Those may actually be required for a buffet; I'll have to check the dress code.

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

940 Wisconsin Dells Parkway South

Last edited: