• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Castle Doctrine Published Today! Goes Into Effect Tomorrow The 21st!

wild boar

Rcrawdor57, missed that, my bad, still...

Dennis, here is a small part of the Castle Doctrine as pertains to civil liability:

(2) Except as provided in sub. (4), an actor is immune
from civil liability arising out of his or her use of force
that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily
harm if the actor reasonably believed that the force was
necessary to prevent imminent death or bodily harm to
himself or herself or to another person and either of the
following applies:

We have protection from civil liabilities within the scope of the Castle Doctrine.

...we sail in uncharted waters. Take a look at what was just released by the DOJ on time of detention by non LEOs. Ten minutes, what the hell happens after that? I'm not sure, but I would imagine it involves the ACLU, and unlawful detention, any move we make will cost us out of pocket. Wisconsin is being treated like it's the first State to allow the carrying of side arms, and the DOJ acts like there is no time tested precedent anywhere. I'm not rich, I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not willing to go to prison. These are the reasons I say "FIGHT THE LAW NOW" It is written, but not understood by the people. How can we be compliant to something we don't know? boar out.