Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 108

Thread: State wide let's get lunch 4/18

  1. #1
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966

    State wide let's get lunch 4/18

    April 18 is Gun DAY in Jeffereson City, I tooka week vacation so I could go!

    Maybe we can get a bunch of folks together for an OC luch in Jeff City?

    I think there are more than a couple of OCers here from jeff City that can line a place up?
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  2. #2
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lenexa, Kansas
    Posts
    423
    I be up for it! I'm pretty sure I can work around my class schedule to make it to this!
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!

  3. #3
    Regular Member NG19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Warrensburg, Missouri
    Posts
    113
    Ill be up for it as long as I can get off of work. I'm from there and there are several places that are good eat-in spots. A nicer place to eat at is Madison's Café, it is a little more expensive but great food, and there is tables in and outside if it is nice. It is downtown across from the governors mansion. There are several other dinners and the like further from the capital but anywhere should be OK with Open Carry.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!

  4. #4
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by NG19 View Post
    Ill be up for it as long as I can get off of work. I'm from there and there are several places that are good eat-in spots. A nicer place to eat at is Madison's Café, it is a little more expensive but great food, and there is tables in and outside if it is nice. It is downtown across from the governors mansion. There are several other dinners and the like further from the capital but anywhere should be OK with Open Carry.
    I've been there, nice place and within walking distance of the capitol building. We'll see how this thread pans out.... We'd be dressed for the occassion. Have you OC'd at Madison's?

    We'll want to be 100% sure the place we choose is OC friendly, a lot of us won't know each other because we'll come from all over the State. As time gets closer we can get an idea of how many will go for a lunch. Many OCers I know prefere a "less costly place". Lots of time still.....
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  5. #5
    Regular Member NG19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Warrensburg, Missouri
    Posts
    113
    I have, but I will check when I get that way. They probably will say it is OK based on the numbers that will be there. The more that show up, the more money they will make, the easier it is for a restaurant to say yes. I think they are OK with it, but I will check, just in case. There are many other places to eat if that is what is decided. Most of them either downtown or on Missouri Blvd.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!

  6. #6
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by NG19 View Post
    I have, but I will check when I get that way. They probably will say it is OK based on the numbers that will be there. The more that show up, the more money they will make, the easier it is for a restaurant to say yes. I think they are OK with it, but I will check, just in case. There are many other places to eat if that is what is decided. Most of them either downtown or on Missouri Blvd.
    Thanks for the help!
    I'll PM you and we can exchange more information without endless posts on the forum.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  7. #7
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    Thanks for the help!
    I'll PM you and we can exchange more information without endless posts on the forum.


    We are linked up.... I'll be in Jefferson City almost for sure a couple if not more days feb. 20th through the the 24th.... Might be a good time to look for OC places and meet some of you OC folks there so we'll know each other on future meet ups!

    The rally is in the first floor rotunda from 10:00 till 12:00 Noon.

    So, I would think 1:00PM for lunch would be good.
    Where ever we have this we'l need a head count, feel free to post ..
    "I'll be there" in this post.
    Last edited by mspgunner; 12-22-2011 at 06:48 PM.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Jefferson City, Mo., ,
    Posts
    490
    I don't see why I can't arrange to be there.

    We have talked via email and will continue as this moves forward.

  9. #9
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Festus_Hagen View Post
    I don't see why I can't arrange to be there.

    We have talked via email and will continue as this moves forward.
    There is already intrest in the lunch from STL and KC, i'll be up there to chat with you long before April so we can look a few places and the details worked out!

    This will be a great chance to have a very large group from around the state get together... rather historic!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  10. #10
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    That's about 5 or so already, good start.
    I have some one else going to the rally and OC lunch not on OCDC, she'll brighten the whole thing up for us!

    Maybe we can have more than we had this gathering in Pacific:
    Last edited by mspgunner; 12-26-2011 at 10:03 PM.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    That's about 5 or so already, good start.
    I have some one else going to the rally and OC lunch not on OCDC, she'll brighten the whole thing up for us!

    Maybe we can have more than we had this gathering in Pacific:
    If it is on a weekend, we can probably make it!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

    "The problem with Internet quotes is that no one has verified the source" -- Abraham Lincoln

  12. #12
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    The Gun Rally day at the Capitol is on a week day, the luch is to follow, April 18th.

    Some of us will take vacation just to go and tell legislators we want our RIGHTS BACK!

    I'm taking the week, it's that impotatnt!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  13. #13
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,924
    I will be there. If for some odd reason work hoses me, I will inform, but I see no reason not to make it this year, I was just not paying attention to this thread as I have been busy.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    St Louis, Mo
    Posts
    574
    It being a weekday, I doubt I can get off work, but damned if I won't try! I lived in JC for a while too. Went to Helias if anyone knows it.

    Anyhow, I seem to remember Madison's being very conservative friendly, though I have no idea how firearm friendly they are.

    Other places: Ponderosa/Ruby Tuesday on Missouri Blvd, Arris' Pizza on High Street, and all the normal fast food type places scattered around everywhere. Again, I do not know how gun-friendly these places are, just tossing out more ideas.

  15. #15
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Oramac View Post
    It being a weekday, I doubt I can get off work, but damned if I won't try! I lived in JC for a while too. Went to Helias if anyone knows it.

    Anyhow, I seem to remember Madison's being very conservative friendly, though I have no idea how firearm friendly they are.

    Other places: Ponderosa/Ruby Tuesday on Missouri Blvd, Arris' Pizza on High Street, and all the normal fast food type places scattered around everywhere. Again, I do not know how gun-friendly these places are, just tossing out more ideas.
    The folks I'm meeting live there and know the places that are good, we'll tour around and be sure th eplaces they have in mind will be OK for the rally day a potential for a "good number" of OCers to have lunch at their place. No chances to be had for a negative response.

    When we decide on a place, the end of february I'll post the where and when (After the rally) along with directions.....
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    St Louis, Mo
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    The folks I'm meeting live there and know the places that are good, we'll tour around and be sure th eplaces they have in mind will be OK for the rally day a potential for a "good number" of OCers to have lunch at their place. No chances to be had for a negative response.

    When we decide on a place, the end of february I'll post the where and when (After the rally) along with directions.....
    Sounds good. See if a Mod can sticky it too. It'll be easier to find/see then.

  17. #17
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Oramac View Post
    Sounds good. See if a Mod can sticky it too. It'll be easier to find/see then.
    I think the MOD reads all of these and will do so!

    Another thing I'm going to do is contact the capitol police and see if they have any objection to an "OC PHOTO" on the4 steps of the capitol!
    I'l get back to you all on this............
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  18. #18
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,628
    Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    I think the MOD reads all of these and will do so!

    Another thing I'm going to do is contact the capitol police and see if they have any objection to an "OC PHOTO" on the4 steps of the capitol!
    I'l get back to you all on this............
    You would be outside the building so why even ask?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  19. #19
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    You would be outside the building so why even ask?
    Best to avoid a problem then to deal with it.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  20. #20
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,628
    Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    Best to avoid a problem then to deal with it.
    If they tell you not to do it what then?

    Might be better to talk to the "Chief" and advise him/her of your plans, but not to seek permission of what is not illegal. Merely opening up the lines of dialog.

    Either way, if you get a negative response would request a cite/statute that covers this.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  21. #21
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    If they tell you not to do it what then?

    Might be better to talk to the "Chief" and advise him/her of your plans, but not to seek permission of what is not illegal. Merely opening up the lines of dialog.

    Either way, if you get a negative response would request a cite/statute that covers this.
    I'm not "asking" permission, I'm asking if they have an objection.
    Also, I'm not here to debate the issue. Stay tuned.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  22. #22
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,628
    Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    I'm not "asking" permission, I'm asking if they have an objection.
    Also, I'm not here to debate the issue. Stay tuned.
    Not debating the issue - was asking and suggesting from an interested party POV.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  23. #23
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,924
    Uhm, lets be clear here.

    Lets tell the Chief we are going to be doing it and if he objects, lets push him on the topic a bit.

    While normally I would say F'it and just do it, I think there is wisdom in informing a number of visibly armed men and ladies are going to be headed up the steps of the capitol.

    I would not pose it in the form of a question, nor would I seek approval, I would simply be letting them know we are doing it. No reason for a show of force response from the POPO if they know we are coming and sure as hell am not flexible on my rights by an opinion inserting law officer.

    Keep it sound in ones mind, we are showing THEM a courtasey so they do not find themselves on the wrong end of a civil suit and pre-informing sets a sound foundation if some power monger wants to test things.

    I won't speak for mspgunner, but as well as I know him, he will not "ask" a weak question and he will not take a "no" without a great deal of objection. Nothing wrong with his approach to things and his "asking" would be just as any others "telling" it is simply semantics.

    Key is, lets get some OC'ers there this year!

    For those of you new to the events, in the past I have never been because of work. I have paid for seats on chartered buss's for others to make the trip etc and it is IMPORTANT.

    We need to show the folks in the capitol, OC is not a fad, it is not a passing issue, it is voters willing to take time off from work to travel and say "Hey, WTF, remember us...do not worry if you do not, we will remember your actions THIS SESSION, November is around the corner and WE VOTE"
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

  24. #24
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    I spoke with the capitol police today, they cite the following:
    (6) The general assembly, supreme court, county or municipality may by rule, administrative regulation, or ordinance prohibit or limit the carrying of concealed firearms by endorsement holders in that portion of a building owned, leased or controlled by that unit of government. Any portion of a building in which the carrying of concealed firearms is prohibited or limited shall be clearly identified by signs posted at the entrance to the restricted area. The statute, rule or ordinance shall exempt any building used for public housing by private persons, highways or rest areas, firing ranges, and private dwellings owned, leased, or controlled by that unit of government from any restriction on the carrying or possession of a firearm. The statute, rule or ordinance shall not specify any criminal penalty for its violation but may specify that persons violating the statute, rule or ordinance may be denied entrance to the building, ordered to leave the building and if employees of the unit of government, be subjected to disciplinary measures for violation of the provisions of the statute, rule or ordinance. The provisions of this subdivision shall not apply to any other unit of government;

    Basically if we show up armed on capitol grounds or the Governor's Mansion we are subject to arrest.
    They consider grounds are firearms free. I know, the statute refers to a "building".
    The court system is available to those with opposing view points.
    I do not advocate an OC photo opportunity in front of the Missouri Sate capitol on capitol grounds.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  25. #25
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,628
    Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    I spoke with the capitol police today, they cite the following:
    (6) The general assembly, supreme court, county or municipality may by rule, administrative regulation, or ordinance prohibit or limit the carrying of concealed firearms by endorsement holders in that portion of a building owned, leased or controlled by that unit of government. Any portion of a building in which the carrying of concealed firearms is prohibited or limited shall be clearly identified by signs posted at the entrance to the restricted area. The statute, rule or ordinance shall exempt any building used for public housing by private persons, highways or rest areas, firing ranges, and private dwellings owned, leased, or controlled by that unit of government from any restriction on the carrying or possession of a firearm. The statute, rule or ordinance shall not specify any criminal penalty for its violation but may specify that persons violating the statute, rule or ordinance may be denied entrance to the building, ordered to leave the building and if employees of the unit of government, be subjected to disciplinary measures for violation of the provisions of the statute, rule or ordinance. The provisions of this subdivision shall not apply to any other unit of government;

    Basically if we show up armed on capitol grounds or the Governor's Mansion we are subject to arrest.
    They consider grounds are firearms free. I know, the statute refers to a "building".
    The court system is available to those with opposing view points.
    I do not advocate an OC photo opportunity in front of the Missouri Sate capitol on capitol grounds.


    Did he/she indicate what charge would be preferred...........for not breaking the law?

    Is there any support, cooperation, or advice from SACMO?
    http://www.sacmo.org/

    It would be a shame to miss an opportunity like this.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •