• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State wide let's get lunch 4/18

mspgunner

April 18 is Gun DAY in Jeffereson City, I tooka week vacation so I could go!

Maybe we can get a bunch of folks together for an OC luch in Jeff City?

I think there are more than a couple of OCers here from jeff City that can line a place up?

NG19

Ill be up for it as long as I can get off of work. I'm from there and there are several places that are good eat-in spots. A nicer place to eat at is Madison's Café, it is a little more expensive but great food, and there is tables in and outside if it is nice. It is downtown across from the governors mansion. There are several other dinners and the like further from the capital but anywhere should be OK with Open Carry.

mspgunner

Ill be up for it as long as I can get off of work. I'm from there and there are several places that are good eat-in spots. A nicer place to eat at is Madison's Café, it is a little more expensive but great food, and there is tables in and outside if it is nice. It is downtown across from the governors mansion. There are several other dinners and the like further from the capital but anywhere should be OK with Open Carry.

I've been there, nice place and within walking distance of the capitol building. We'll see how this thread pans out.... We'd be dressed for the occassion. Have you OC'd at Madison's?

We'll want to be 100% sure the place we choose is OC friendly, a lot of us won't know each other because we'll come from all over the State. As time gets closer we can get an idea of how many will go for a lunch. Many OCers I know prefere a "less costly place". Lots of time still.....

NG19

I have, but I will check when I get that way. They probably will say it is OK based on the numbers that will be there. The more that show up, the more money they will make, the easier it is for a restaurant to say yes. I think they are OK with it, but I will check, just in case. There are many other places to eat if that is what is decided. Most of them either downtown or on Missouri Blvd.

mspgunner

I have, but I will check when I get that way. They probably will say it is OK based on the numbers that will be there. The more that show up, the more money they will make, the easier it is for a restaurant to say yes. I think they are OK with it, but I will check, just in case. There are many other places to eat if that is what is decided. Most of them either downtown or on Missouri Blvd.

Thanks for the help!
I'll PM you and we can exchange more information without endless posts on the forum.

mspgunner

Thanks for the help!
I'll PM you and we can exchange more information without endless posts on the forum.

We are linked up.... I'll be in Jefferson City almost for sure a couple if not more days feb. 20th through the the 24th.... Might be a good time to look for OC places and meet some of you OC folks there so we'll know each other on future meet ups!

The rally is in the first floor rotunda from 10:00 till 12:00 Noon.

So, I would think 1:00PM for lunch would be good.
Where ever we have this we'l need a head count, feel free to post ..
"I'll be there" in this post.

Last edited:

mspgunner

I don't see why I can't arrange to be there.

We have talked via email and will continue as this moves forward. :)

There is already intrest in the lunch from STL and KC, i'll be up there to chat with you long before April so we can look a few places and the details worked out!

This will be a great chance to have a very large group from around the state get together... rather historic!

mspgunner

That's about 5 or so already, good start.
I have some one else going to the rally and OC lunch not on OCDC, she'll brighten the whole thing up for us!

Maybe we can have more than we had this gathering in Pacific:
Opencarryplaque.jpg

Last edited:

peterarthur

That's about 5 or so already, good start.
I have some one else going to the rally and OC lunch not on OCDC, she'll brighten the whole thing up for us!

Maybe we can have more than we had this gathering in Pacific:
Opencarryplaque.jpg

If it is on a weekend, we can probably make it!

mspgunner

The Gun Rally day at the Capitol is on a week day, the luch is to follow, April 18th.

Some of us will take vacation just to go and tell legislators we want our RIGHTS BACK!

I'm taking the week, it's that impotatnt!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I will be there. If for some odd reason work hoses me, I will inform, but I see no reason not to make it this year, I was just not paying attention to this thread as I have been busy.

Oramac

It being a weekday, I doubt I can get off work, but damned if I won't try! I lived in JC for a while too. Went to Helias if anyone knows it.

Anyhow, I seem to remember Madison's being very conservative friendly, though I have no idea how firearm friendly they are.

Other places: Ponderosa/Ruby Tuesday on Missouri Blvd, Arris' Pizza on High Street, and all the normal fast food type places scattered around everywhere. Again, I do not know how gun-friendly these places are, just tossing out more ideas.

mspgunner

It being a weekday, I doubt I can get off work, but damned if I won't try! I lived in JC for a while too. Went to Helias if anyone knows it.

Anyhow, I seem to remember Madison's being very conservative friendly, though I have no idea how firearm friendly they are.

Other places: Ponderosa/Ruby Tuesday on Missouri Blvd, Arris' Pizza on High Street, and all the normal fast food type places scattered around everywhere. Again, I do not know how gun-friendly these places are, just tossing out more ideas.

The folks I'm meeting live there and know the places that are good, we'll tour around and be sure th eplaces they have in mind will be OK for the rally day a potential for a "good number" of OCers to have lunch at their place. No chances to be had for a negative response.

When we decide on a place, the end of february I'll post the where and when (After the rally) along with directions.....

Oramac

The folks I'm meeting live there and know the places that are good, we'll tour around and be sure th eplaces they have in mind will be OK for the rally day a potential for a "good number" of OCers to have lunch at their place. No chances to be had for a negative response.

When we decide on a place, the end of february I'll post the where and when (After the rally) along with directions.....

Sounds good. See if a Mod can sticky it too. It'll be easier to find/see then.

mspgunner

Sounds good. See if a Mod can sticky it too. It'll be easier to find/see then.

I think the MOD reads all of these and will do so!

Another thing I'm going to do is contact the capitol police and see if they have any objection to an "OC PHOTO" on the4 steps of the capitol!
I'l get back to you all on this............

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think the MOD reads all of these and will do so!

Another thing I'm going to do is contact the capitol police and see if they have any objection to an "OC PHOTO" on the4 steps of the capitol!
I'l get back to you all on this............

You would be outside the building so why even ask?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Best to avoid a problem then to deal with it.

If they tell you not to do it what then?

Might be better to talk to the "Chief" and advise him/her of your plans, but not to seek permission of what is not illegal. Merely opening up the lines of dialog.

Either way, if you get a negative response would request a cite/statute that covers this.