Thread: Two men carjack and sodomize Overland Park woman driving near 85th and State Line

Activist Member

Two men carjack and sodomize Overland Park woman driving near 85th and State Line

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/new...d-Parkway-Mall

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Two men carjacked and sodomized an Overland Park woman Monday evening near Ward Parkway Mall in south Kansas City.

Read the article this is horrible considering how close these type of incidents are getting to the better areas of town!
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!

Quote Originally Posted by DWCook View Post
    http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/new...d-Parkway-Mall

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Two men carjacked and sodomized an Overland Park woman Monday evening near Ward Parkway Mall in south Kansas City.

Read the article this is horrible considering how close these type of incidents are getting to the better areas of town!
    Actually, that is a crappy part of town. Someone was shot at the mall not too long ago. Luckily, they don't allow guns inside the mall so you are safe there...

That occurred 100 feet from my old job. I could look out from my desk and see if it I was there... with my gun safely locked in my car...
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

"The problem with Internet quotes is that no one has verified the source" -- Abraham Lincoln

I signed up just so I could comment: "The article forgot to mention that the victim was unarmed."
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Surprising she didn't just drive off. If they let her go, they weren't serious about using the firearm.
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    Surprising she didn't just drive off. If they let her go, they weren't serious about using the firearm.
    But most Law Enforcement will tell you to cooperate and just give the bad guys what they want because if you resist they are more likely to hurt you.... (sarcasm/off)

Don't you mean you might hurt them?

Some people wonder why I carry every day. I wonder why they don't. Especially when I read a story like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    Some people wonder why I carry every day. I wonder why they don't. Especially when I read a story like this.
    I LIKE your nickname. I try to get my wife to carry more regularly. She often wears clothing that makes it more of a hassle.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

"The problem with Internet quotes is that no one has verified the source" -- Abraham Lincoln

That's why I mention to people to have a holster (with gun loaded) close to where you sit. Also, pay attention to your surroundings. I'm not saying its her fault at all. What i am saying... if you see a person or more than one coming close to your car... "Fu** it" and drive off. If there's a red light camera... you can easly explain in the video, that this person or more gave you the impression of you where about to be car jacked. I think it will hold up in court for a woman... us men... they may laugh at us. For me... I got pretty good at it... I have mine... yes in my lap or even on the side of my sit poking out. I can do this in my Flex.. but my mustang is almost impossible. For me.... espeically in the city... if people are not using the crosswalks,etc and walking pretty close to my car... my gun is already in my hand. That's how car jackers do it. Get you when you least expect it. Maybe this is the militray talking in me and the years over in Latin America....

But in all, I'm glad she got away... just wish those guys where caught.

Quote Originally Posted by peterarthur View Post
    I LIKE your nickname. I try to get my wife to carry more regularly. She often wears clothing that makes it more of a hassle.
    Women's clothing can present challenges, but after you tweak with it a bit, you can be surprised what we can get away with. If I want to, I can wear three guns at one time wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

Has she been to the Cornered Cat website? It's a great read. I'm also planning to work on some holster reviews and outfit suggestions for women, after the holidays. Stay tuned!

My wife too...

finds it "inconvenient" to carry because of clothing concerns. It will be nice to see what suggestions you come up with for women who want to carry but don't because of what ever. This also speaks to situational awearness. I always am scanning my mirors when at a light OR stopped by a train and the Taurus is ready to be deployed if/when needed. I also point exactally these stories out to my wife and tell her.."this could have been you. take your pistol with you." I will have her look up the cornered cat web site too. thanks for that.

Activist Member
    I am the same way when I am at stop lights and cross sections. I will have my weapon ready when it is necessary to deploy it. I have had close encounters with idiots with my Honda Civic Si, people who got too close and gave me the wrong impression.
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!

I don't think there is such a thing as a "good" part of any big city these days.
    I am amazed they let her go.

Sure the attack would have been ended far quicker if...

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I signed up just so I could comment: "The article forgot to mention that the victim was unarmed."
    the victim had been sufficiently armed. We read about this almost daily . Be smart be armed.
    "There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

- General George S. Patton, Jr.

This is scary because I have relatives in the south-ish KCK area.

Quote Originally Posted by rscottie
    But most Law Enforcement will tell you to cooperate and just give the bad guys what they want because if you resist they are more likely to hurt you. (/sarcasm)
    Quote Originally Posted by hermannr
    Don't you mean you might hurt them?
    Depends on how enthusiastic you are about resisting.
    My knee still hurts from a class about 2 weeks ago where I was learning to resist enthusiastically & with great vigor.
    Other than the resulting pain, it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma
    ...after you tweak with it a bit
    LOL! I'm sure that's not what you meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma
    Has she been to the Cornered Cat website?
    +1,000,000
    http://www.corneredcat.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.