• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Two men carjack and sodomize Overland Park woman driving near 85th and State Line

peterarthur

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...and-Park-woman-driving-near-Ward-Parkway-Mall

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Two men carjacked and sodomized an Overland Park woman Monday evening near Ward Parkway Mall in south Kansas City.

Read the article this is horrible considering how close these type of incidents are getting to the better areas of town!

Actually, that is a crappy part of town. Someone was shot at the mall not too long ago. Luckily, they don't allow guns inside the mall so you are safe there...

That occurred 100 feet from my old job. I could look out from my desk and see if it I was there... with my gun safely locked in my car...

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I signed up just so I could comment: "The article forgot to mention that the victim was unarmed."

Badger Johnson

Surprising she didn't just drive off. If they let her go, they weren't serious about using the firearm.

PistolPackingMomma

Some people wonder why I carry every day. I wonder why they don't. Especially when I read a story like this.

Firedawg314

That's why I mention to people to have a holster (with gun loaded) close to where you sit. Also, pay attention to your surroundings. I'm not saying its her fault at all. What i am saying... if you see a person or more than one coming close to your car... "Fu** it" and drive off. If there's a red light camera... you can easly explain in the video, that this person or more gave you the impression of you where about to be car jacked. I think it will hold up in court for a woman... us men... they may laugh at us. For me... I got pretty good at it... I have mine... yes in my lap or even on the side of my sit poking out. I can do this in my Flex.. but my mustang is almost impossible. For me.... espeically in the city... if people are not using the crosswalks,etc and walking pretty close to my car... my gun is already in my hand. That's how car jackers do it. Get you when you least expect it. Maybe this is the militray talking in me and the years over in Latin America....

But in all, I'm glad she got away... just wish those guys where caught.

PistolPackingMomma

I LIKE your nickname. I try to get my wife to carry more regularly. She often wears clothing that makes it more of a hassle.

Women's clothing can present challenges, but after you tweak with it a bit, you can be surprised what we can get away with. If I want to, I can wear three guns at one time wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

Has she been to the Cornered Cat website? It's a great read. I'm also planning to work on some holster reviews and outfit suggestions for women, after the holidays. Stay tuned! :)

Ken56

My wife too...

finds it "inconvenient" to carry because of clothing concerns. It will be nice to see what suggestions you come up with for women who want to carry but don't because of what ever. This also speaks to situational awearness. I always am scanning my mirors when at a light OR stopped by a train and the Taurus is ready to be deployed if/when needed. I also point exactally these stories out to my wife and tell her.."this could have been you. take your pistol with you." I will have her look up the cornered cat web site too. thanks for that.

DWCook

Activist Member
I am the same way when I am at stop lights and cross sections. I will have my weapon ready when it is necessary to deploy it. I have had close encounters with idiots with my Honda Civic Si, people who got too close and gave me the wrong impression.

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Sure the attack would have been ended far quicker if...

I signed up just so I could comment: "The article forgot to mention that the victim was unarmed."
the victim had been sufficiently armed. We read about this almost daily . Be smart be armed.

MKEgal

This is scary because I have relatives in the south-ish KCK area.

rscottie said:
But most Law Enforcement will tell you to cooperate and just give the bad guys what they want because if you resist they are more likely to hurt you. (/sarcasm)
hermannr said:
Don't you mean you might hurt them?
Depends on how enthusiastic you are about resisting. :D
My knee still hurts from a class about 2 weeks ago where I was learning to resist enthusiastically & with great vigor.
Other than the resulting pain, it was fun.
:banana: :monkey

PistolPackingMomma said:
...after you tweak with it a bit
LOL! I'm sure that's not what you meant to say.

PistolPackingMomma said:
Has she been to the Cornered Cat website?
+1,000,000
http://www.corneredcat.com/