• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to the area

Firedawg314

Watch out for school zones, out of state permits do not give exemption for them.

Well... I thought he was going to the range. If he's at the range's parking lot, then he is cool... I never heard of a range right next to a school. Plus, in school zones/ schools parking lot, etc. I THINK...you are ok to CC (with your CCW lisense) if you are walking/ jogging by. You are ok to have it IN your car, on their lot. You just cannot bring it in the school. As with airports, hospitals, churches, government building etc. But like they said about the airports... you can have a CC up to the control zones, for example, You can CC in the parking lot, inside the terminal (where you can buy tickets) and depending on the layout, you can be in the area where food/stores are at. But if you come up to a check point... you better have that weapon back in the car, etc.

But the question was asked about going to the range. Probably his best bet is to do... if he's going to be down here for any length of time... just pay the extra bucks and get a Missouri CCW.

Last edited:

xdmcompact

I never heard of a range right next to a school.

There are two gun stores next to a school and a range being built next to one of the stores in Affton Mo. Mid America Arms and St. Louis Guns And Ammo are both across the street from St. George School. You can not get to either of them without entering the 1000 ft GFSZ.

Freedom 1st

There are two gun stores next to a school and a range being built next to one of the stores in Affton Mo. Mid America Arms and St. Louis Guns And Ammo are both across the street from St. George School. You can not get to either of them without entering the 1000 ft GFSZ.

Missouri CCW licensce holders are exempt from the federal GFSZ zone laws when pertaining to Mo schools.

XDSTEEL would note be exempt because he holds an out of state permit. (But you probably already knew that)

Firedawg314

Wow, that is a set up! I know having a CCW you are "ok". But I feel sorry for the guy buying and there's a new cop looking to get someone in trouble. I think most laws are within 150 feet of the property line you can get into trouble. To be that close... wow... that's like Giving you a lisence to kill but you will be arrested if you use any weapon in that state.... You get the idea.

ecocks

Just to clarify this, do Missouri State Police or local police forces enforce federal laws such as the GFSZ in this state?

Freedom 1st

Just to clarify this, do Missouri State Police or local police forces enforce federal laws such as the GFSZ in this state?

That is a good question. I myself am not personally aware of anyone being charged of such an offense. Personally I believe it is one of those laws that is for lack of a better term is a tack on offense. Designed to get criminals more time if charged with another offense. If it gives the sheeple a false sense of security then I guess it does, what it is designed to do.

Pertaining to the range/ gunshop in vicinity of a school within that imaginary line of the GFSZ. I believe the owner of such shop would be able to extend possession/ carry privledges to anyone he seen fit ( as long as that person was legally able to posess a firearm). At least while they were on his property. And I would pity the LEA that would allow one of their officers to sit outside and stop, search, detain, and arrest patrons without justifiable probable cause other than, they seen them leaving the gunstore. Unless they was a known felon ofcourse.

Firedawg314

That is a good question. I myself am not personally aware of anyone being charged of such an offense. Personally I believe it is one of those laws that is for lack of a better term is a tack on offense. Designed to get criminals more time if charged with another offense. If it gives the sheeple a false sense of security then I guess it does, what it is designed to do.

Pertaining to the range/ gunshop in vicinity of a school within that imaginary line of the GFSZ. I believe the owner of such shop would be able to extend possession/ carry privledges to anyone he seen fit ( as long as that person was legally able to posess a firearm). At least while they were on his property. And I would pity the LEA that would allow one of their officers to sit outside and stop, search, detain, and arrest patrons without justifiable probable cause other than, they seen them leaving the gunstore. Unless they was a known felon ofcourse.

I just wanted to "piggy back" on this... I had family members and some negibors who where cops... basically I would hear them talk about "hitting" up thugs, etc with extra charges. Like, pulling a person over, as they taken their seat belt off to reach for their papers in the glove box, they charge them with "not wearing a seat belt", etc. Yeah, its scary.