• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maine now has reciprocal agreement with Michigan

rhenriksen

Don't forget one of the highest licensing fees. I don't know of any states that charge more than our $115. And that's after the class, which is anywhere between $50-75.

Texas is $140 for a 5 year license, plus the initial class runs $100-125 from a private instructor. Plenty of grumbling about that in Texas.

Maine CWP Training

MAINE 4-YEAR RESIDENT PERMIT: Fee of $35.00 for new applicants (If you are renewing and your permit expired over six months ago, you are considered a new applicant at the $35.00 fee.), or a fee of $20.00 for a renewal, or a fee of $2.00 for a duplicate or a change of address made payable to:
Treasurer, State of Maine.

Nascar24Glock

No kidding. Maine is the only state between them and having recognition in every state that recognizes out of state permits.

I figured that Wisconsin would start recognizing our permits since their permit law went into effect just over two months ago, but I didn't realize that Washington State now recognizes our permits. As of September 10, when I had my permit class, they didn't (or, at least, the reciprocity map that my instructor handed out still had Wisconsin and Washington State colored red, meaning no recognition). Wow, so that means our permit is honored in 80 percent of the states (Tennessee and 39 others). Are there any states that are honored in all of them (except the 9 that don't honor any, of course)? That's so hard to believe that we have reciprocity with Nevada, Minnesota, and Washington (three of the five hardest states to earn reciprocity), but not in Maine, whose permit is no where near as strict as ours (among other things, Maine offers permits to 18 year olds and non-residents).

Come on Maine...start honoring our permits and put us at 41 states :banana:!

xmanhockey7

I figured that Wisconsin would start recognizing our permits since their permit law went into effect just over two months ago, but I didn't realize that Washington State now recognizes our permits. As of September 10, when I had my permit class, they didn't (or, at least, the reciprocity map that my instructor handed out still had Wisconsin and Washington State colored red, meaning no recognition). Wow, so that means our permit is honored in 80 percent of the states (Tennessee and 39 others). Are there any states that are honored in all of them (except the 9 that don't honor any, of course)? That's so hard to believe that we have reciprocity with Nevada, Minnesota, and Washington (three of the five hardest states to earn reciprocity), but not in Maine, whose permit is no where near as strict as ours (among other things, Maine offers permits to 18 year olds and non-residents).

Come on Maine...start honoring our permits and put us at 41 states :banana:!

Michigan is recognized in every state that will recognize out of state permits. I do believe MI is the only one.